SANTA ANA (CBSLA.com) – A 30-year-old man died at a Santa Ana apartment Wednesday of a suspected overdose and two other men were rushed to a hospital.
A hazardous materials team from the Orange County Fire Authority was summoned because of a “white powdery substance” found in the unit at 801 S. Fairvew St., said Santa Ana police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna.
Investigators suspect the substance was Fetanyl, a powerful painkiller, but won’t know for sure until it’s tested, said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Larry Kurtz.
When officers arrived at the apartment complex just before 10 a.m., they found one man dead with “blood coming out of his nose,” and two other men — ages 25 and 18 — passed out, Bertagna said. Their conditions were not confirmed.
A woman and three young children were evacuated from the home and underwent decontamination, he said.
(©2017 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)