Listen up music lovers! Festival season is officially upon us. Now, before you go dancing off into the desert with your flower crowns atop your pretty little heads let’s make sure you are fully prepared to make the most of your experience. Dole is here to help share the sunshine and has created a 2017 festival guide. Scroll down for a list of go-to tips and tricks to rely on before, throughout, and after any festival this season. The main thing to remember is to stay refreshed, refueled and rejuvenated from start to finish!
First things first…To get the party started you can put on your festival playlist to set the mood and pump yourself up for the fun times ahead. Try and pair your playlist with a fan favorite cocktail made with Dole frozen fruit & pineapple juice, like the Aloha Screwdriver or the refreshing Agua Fresca. Now that we have a drink in our hand it is time to start your packing adventure. Some festival staples include a pair of simple kicks to keep your feet happy, high-waisted cutoffs, and a funky bodysuit. Accessories are a must, simple gold jewelry and lots of flash tats are always acceptable! A main focus before heading out, however, is making sure to have enough sun protection. Ample amounts of sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat will keep you protected from harmful UV rays and let you enjoy the whole weekend without getting burned.
It is smart to always pack a small bag to bring with you whenever you attend a big festival. It helps you keep vital items to stay refueled throughout the day. Take a peek inside to see what to pack:
- An empty, plastic, reusable water bottle to adhere to festival rules and cut down on waste.
- Hand sanitizing wipes. The sanitation stations will be jam packed with other festival goers. Efficiency is key.
- Lip Balm and extra sunscreen (non-aerosol!)
- Phone charger. With all of the people and the hundreds of photos you plan on taking, you know your battery is going to drain quickly. Plan ahead and designate a meeting spot for your friends as well as put your phone on airplane mode during sets.
- Snacks! You know you’ll want to be reaching for something healthy and quick while on the go. A fan favorite are always the Dole Fruit Snacks made with delicious, all natural fruit.
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! The key to surviving any weekend long event is to make sure you stay hydrated. After a long day out in the sun dancing with friends, everyone loves to come home and sip on something that will help revive and rejuvenate spirits before hitting the sheets to rest up for the next fun packed day. Dole’s Antioxidant Smoothie has vital nutrients to keep you kicking for days! For a tropical twist, Dole JAYA Juice is the perfect refresherNow remember music lovers, festival season is a marathon, not a sprint! If you follow our festival survival tips, We can guarantee you will be in it to win it. Keep in mind that your goal is to stay safe, healthy, and happy all the while making unforgettable memories. Thanks to Dole Packaged Foods, your festival season refreshments will pack big flavor with a lot of punch and will keep you reaching for more even after the music has stopped. Remember to Share the Sunshine.