Injured Daredevil Criticized For GoFundMe Page After Failed Jump

MISSION VIEJO (CBSLA.com) — A man known for his thrill-seeking jumps, now in the hospital with two shattered feet after missing his mark at a Laguna hotel pool, is asking the public for help with his medical bills.

Anthony Booth Armer, 28, is laid up in the hospital for the next four weeks, has casts on both feet and expects two more surgeries. He says he feeling all sorts of pain, but not regret.

“It’s super painful,” Armer said. “They took the wrapper off yesterday I was in shock almost.”

Watch the jump here: Warning: Disturbing content:

“I’m itching to do something. It’s no joke,” Armer said.

The daredevil YouTube sensation says he’s taken a lot of heat on social media because of his GoFundMe page raising money for some of his medical care insurance won’t cover.

While dozens of fans donated, some commentators expressed little sympathy for the daredevil given the high-risk nature of his antics.

“Just seeking a little support to keep doing what I’m doing or else I’ll be working the rest of my life to pay this off,” he said on the page.

In October, Armer jumped off Newport Towers and posted it onto YouTube and was cited by police for trespassing.

“I don’t want to be arrested. I’m not hurting anyone.”

So when will the daredevil give up the tricks?

“When I die,” Armer said.

Armer says he is making plans for a jump off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Comments

1. iratenate says:

Darwin Award, here I come!

1. Sadly, he does not qualify.

1. Honorable mention for sure! He may make it into the Darwin Awards before much longer!

2. What? No Obamacare for him? His healthcare isn’t affordable? I’m confused.

3. I get the beef… but this guy does this for fans. If his fans want to help him… they should be able to.

1. In other words, Chris, stupid is as stupid does. Or, a fool and his money are easily parted.

2. All his friends (the California Tax Payer) will be paying his way for a long time.

4. I’m waiting for his leap into a wood-chipper. MUST SEE TV! The “up-side” that will be the end of his medical bills.

5. Rob Lynn says:

He should have done it head first.

6. Dave Gardner says:

Another prize winner in the marching morons advanced stupidity games. Darwin, you should be charged with dereliction of duty.

7. “I’m not hurting anybody”… ummm? Really? Because last I checked “Self Harm” and “Danger to Self and/or others” were a thing. People should be helping fund his psyche care and treatment. Not his stunts.

8. Mare Ab says:

There are people with real injuries and sickness. This man is no humanitarian. There is people with Parkinsons, with cancer, fibromyalgia, etc. This guy has no concept of real world problems. This man should have had insured his body–just like movie stars do. Another millenial not really planning ahead or being accountable for their own actions or choices..

9. Sherry Lee says:

I reckon he’s a ‘common core’ grad?

10. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes…

11. The mind of the simple is easily amused…

12. Jabber Joe says:

““What am I going to say to haters? I’m so sick of people hating me for doing what I love and going at it full force,” Armer said.”

No, people hate you because, like most liberals, you want others to pay for you to do what you love. Do whatever you want, but do not ask others to bail you out when you fail!

13. John Smith says:

Can’t fix stupid.

14. That little noise he makes at the very end was hilarious.

15. This clown is about as smart as a rock. Sorry if I’m insulting rocks everywhere though.

16. Also, this moron claims he “isn’t hurting anyone” but he’s too stupid to realize that Medicaid is probably going to have to pay for the bulk of his surgeries and medical care because he’s probably broke. This means that the taxpayer is on the hook for all this. What a jerk.

1. Carl Robbins says:

Wait till a superinfection by an antibiotic proof bug (brought in from Africa by an illegal) settles into him from the hospital………

2. He will be stuck with the bill, because he has his own insurance, but he will be responsible for what the insurance don’t pay. In order for Medicaid or Medicare to cover the hospital bill he would have had been on Medicare or Medicaid prior to the accident. Maybe if he get stuck with the bill, he be too busy pay it. Maybe when God was giving out brains, he forgot to pick up his.

3. He will be stuck with the bill, because he has his own insurance, but he will be responsible for what the insurance don’t pay. In order for Medicaid or Medicare to cover the hospital bill he would have had been on Medicare or Medicaid prior to the accident. Maybe if he get stuck with the bill, he be too busy pay it. Maybe when God was giving out brains, he forgot to pick up his.

17. Some people are just a waste of space and oxygen…

18. …stupidity is not curable…

19. Mark Todd says:

looks like he made it, from the article i thought he landed short or something. the guy is a certifiable moron though.

20. Ho Jo says:

he should do the Golden Gate next, he won’t have to worry about any medical after that

21. David Foster says:

If that’s what he wants to do, I don’t care, just don’t expect me to fund his bills for making dumb choices. If someone gets hurt on the job, say a ladder breaks or a roof collapses, that’s different, but jumping into pools? No

22. What a complete idiot. No wonder he covered his face. If I was his parents Id sue him so he couldnt use our last name.

Just put a gun into your mouth pull the trigger. Give the Taxpayers a relief shot.

23. “What am I going to say to haters? I’m so sick of people hating me for doing what I love and going at it full force,” Armer said

I am so sick of morons who don’t have a lick of sense doing stupid junk, then expecting the rest of us to pay the price when their whims all go south.

If this is what you love to do, then you need to love paying and being responsible for your own actions. Why should anyone feel sorry for your self inflicted stupidity?

1. Its called going west not south… 🙂

24. “Just seeking a little support to keep doing what I’m doing or else I’ll be working the rest of my life to pay this off,”

Awwww. Poor baby. Having to work like…everyone else. At least if he did he might have health insurance.

25. Dennam James says:

This guy is not brave. He is a attention starved moron. Here, Sparky… Hold the nail for me. I never miss.

26. two things … jack and ass.

27. Paul Roberts says:

The next time you decide to do something “Dare-Devilish, you better get an health care plan with Loyd’s of London or other company that will Insure anything for a price.

28. Oh my, why didn’t he try for a head first dive?

29. Ted Hampton says:

Unfortunately, there is no cure for terminal stupididitty

30. Chicky Dee says:

I have a friend who fell from a height and hit his heels on a sidewalk. It forced him to give up his life as a surgeon because he could no longer stand on his feet for long. If this person also shatter his heels, he won’t be walking or standing much either for the rest of his life. He probably will need some GoFundMe help for quite a while.

31. He’s hoping that there are actually people out there more stupid than he is.

32. “I’ll hold the tent stake. You take the sledge hammer. When I nod my head, you hit it as hard as you can with the sledge.”

33. Murphy's Law says:

Boy has absolutely no respect for the property rights or safety of others. He doesn’t deserve free money–he NEEDS to be “working every day”, at least until he grows up. Stupid is supposed to hurt. Pay his bills and he’ll never learn.

34. Rob Horg says:

“I’m not hurting anybody”? How does it feel, idiot.

35. Missed it by……wait for it…..”two feet”

36. “Look what I can do!” Any chance this jump sterilized the idiot?

37. He is so proud of what he does he has to cover up his face, stupid coward.

38. One can only hope he doesn’t breed.

39. Vox Veritas says:

Before Obamacare, insurance companies could exclude self-inflicted injuries from coverage.

Blame B. Hussein for these idiots.

40. He misunderstood Kierkegaard’s meaning of “Leap of Faith” so give him a break. I guess dancing with the stars is not in his future. Putting your best foot forward I would suggest re-evaluating your risk versus reward calculations. Otherwise future endeavors will lead to cleansing the gene pool.

41. Would kicking him while he is down be showing off?

42. Dwain Meyer says:

Every year, I help fund many causes that don’t deserve my support. It’s called taxes. At least with this guy you have a choice.

43. This is up there with free diving, base jumping, and sticking your head into a blast furnace.

44. Chris Bailey says:

You broke the law. Repeatedly. What happens when you land on someone during one of these? What if a rescue worker gets hurt or killed rendering aid to you when one of these goes bad? Your logic dictates as long as you are doing something you love, everyone else can just f%$# off and pay to fix you? Insanity. If this was going to be your forte in life, didn’t you think you think you should have some financial backup-contingency to blanket you in case something like this happened? No, you can just use an outlet designed to help people who are in genuine dire straights…I.E. a family who need help burying a loved one or someone who has lost everything in a fire. Get well soon, and charge into your next planned and announced endeavor, jumping off the GG in Sn Fran. We will soon be reading your obituary.

Comments are closed.