Man Burned While Attempting To Light Cigarette After Filling Gas Tank In California

PRUNEDALE, Calif. (CBSLA.com) — A man was burned after inadvertently spilling gas on himself while attempting to light a cigarette.

Sgt. Simpson of the Monterey County Sheriff’s Office says the man, described as a transient, had run out of gas Saturday night.

He explains that the car was parked on the side of the road near a used car dealership on Reese Circle in Prunedale California.

By morning, Simpson says the man walked to a gas station to get fuel.

After retrieving a can of fuel, he returned to the vehicle and unknowingly spilled gas on himself.

That’s when he was engulfed in flames after attempting to light a cigarette.

The sergeant explains that a good Samaritan saw the man on fire, and ran to his aid.

That person began removing the man’s burning clothes.

The man was transported to the hospital, but his current condition was not known.

No one else was injured.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It

Listen Live