Police Seek Owner Of Pit Bull That Attacked Man Outside Eagle Rock Restaurant

EAGLE ROCK (CBSLA.com) — Police sought the public’s help Friday to find the owner of a pit bull that bit a man’s face in front of an Eagle Rock restaurant.

The attack unfolded around 7 p.m. Thursday in front of Jersey Mike’s Subs located in the 2600 block of Colorado Boulevard, according to police.

Ian Alli was collecting donations for the anti-drug program D.A.R.E. in front of the business when he was attacked by the dog.

CBS2’s Jasmine Viel reported Alli sustained injuries to his lips, cheeks and face when he bent down to pet the animal.

While his injuries were not life-threatening, he will need plastic surgery, according to the family.

The owner of the dog fled from the area following the incident.

Police are reviewing security video to determine the identity of the dog owner.

The incident remains under investigation.

Ian has a 4 month old son and  his parents say his injuries will likely keep him from work for at least a month.

The victim’s family has set up a GoFundMe page to help with Alli’s medical expenses.

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

1. separationcs says:

Punish the deed? Right, this is how it always goes; if they can run, they will. If they can lie, they will. It is the pit fighting breeds that do the damage. BSL saves lives and faces.

1. Lao Po says:

No, and no. You are ignorant of dogs. BSL achieves nothing. It’s a knee jerk reaction for people who cannot or chose not to think.

1. Pibble Love says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also gave me free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and try to lick your nuts, like I do to Trump, nobama, GROWAPAIR, KELVIN STEPHENS, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

2. Pibble Love says:

CBS News…..Why do you only report pit bull incidents? There are tons of other breeds out there that bite people everyday! Please start covering all of the other breeds, as well. This is showing discrimination on your part.

As a responsible American Staffordshire Terrier owner this saddens me to see that this happened to this man. Especially seeing the owners not taking responsibility. It’s not the dog that is the problem, but the owners.

Separationcs – BSL is not the answer. Have you been following what is happening in Montreal? They are wanting to put a ban on ALL dogs that have characteristics of American Staffordshire Terriers. Is that fair? Not all dogs have the same personalities, just like you and me. What about all of us that are responsible owners of American Staffordshire Terriers that advocate to save their lives due to the media making them look bad. Everybody PLEASE educate yourself on this beautiful, lovable, marshmallow of a breed. Did you know that they were nanny dogs, back in the day? If they were all so bad all of us owners and families would be dead. I have two beautiful rescue girls. One was beaten and used as a bait dog, that is not her fault. My other was a runt of a litter who was on her way to the pound because she wasn’t good enough to sell, not her fault. Please don’t get caught up with something that you do not know much about. Our community is so BEAUTIFUL! BSL will take away our family pets, will not give shelter pets a chance at being adopted. BSL is not the answer……. Warm Regards

1. Lao Po says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack around screen names

1. Pibble Love says:

Lao Po – I’m confused, where is this coming from. We are talking about the above broadcast.

3. lizzy flynn says:

This happens daily. Pit bull rescuing isn’t going to end well for these girls or anyone else who actually believes the pit bull wouldn’t display the monstrous fighting dog traits of attacking and ripping people’s faces off. This kid is lucky pibble didn’t grab his throat and so are the run away pit bull rescuers. This breed is sickly and so are the people that associate themselves with them and try to normalize an abnormal dog.

4. Pibble Love says:

Just like other attacks happen daily with other breeds, as well. Unfortunately, this dog is in the wrong hands. Lizzy you are getting sucked up in what the media reports on. Please don’t say they are monstrous fighting dogs. It is those owners that make them to be. Not every pibble is like that. Please don’t judge every pibble the same. That is not fair! Any dog can grab someone by the throat. I have seen it first hand from a neighbor that had a german shepherd. It actually had their son pinned on the ground. I agree, that there are sickly OWNERS out there that train them to be mean and put them in pits to fight for a buck. Do they ask for that, ABSOLUTELY NOT! We try to save all of them from this horrible life, that they didn’t ask for. But, it is not fair of you to call all owners sickly. It is very sad that you are calling me, my family, and pibbles sickly. Just for the record they are not abnormal dogs. Please learn more about pibbles, there are so many BEAUTIFUL stories. Give them a chance, you will be glad you did. Have a beautiful day, Pibble Love