Parolee Accused In Execution-Style Murder Of Sheriff’s Sergeant Charged With Capital Murder

LANCASTER (CBSLA.com) — A 27-year-old man accused in the execution-style murder of a veteran Los Angeles County sheriff’s sergeant was charged Friday with capital murder and other counts.

Trenton Trevon Lovell was scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon in a Lancaster courtroom in connection with Wednesday’s killing of Sgt. Steve Owen, but that hearing was postponed.

Prosecutors will decide later whether to seek the death penalty against the 27-year-old Lancaster man.

Sgt. Steven Owen was in a Lancaster neighborhood Wednesday afternoon when he confronted a burglary suspect, who was later identified as Lovell.

According to Sheriff Jim McDonnell, Lovell allegedly shot Owen once during their initial encounter. He then stood over Owen’s body and shot him four more times.

Following the shooting, Lovell searched Owen’s body for his gun and then attempted to steal his patrol cruiser, which led to a shootout with another deputy on scene, according to investigators.

Lovell was struck by gunfire, but managed to flee to a nearby home, where he encountered two teenagers and held them hostage for more than an hour.

When Lovell heard a SWAT team approaching the residence, he bolted outside and was subsequently arrested.

Paramedics transported Owen to a hospital, where he later died.

Detectives believe Lovell intended to kill the other sheriff’s deputy, along with the two teenagers he took hostage inside of the home.

Lovell — who has a long criminal record that includes robbery, resisting arrest and a DUI charge — is being held without bail.

Comments

1. If anybody qualifies for life-without, this guy does.

1. ET says:

Death penalty would be better and with it coming as fast as it can. No 10 to 12 years on death row, no appeals ,maybe one, then if found guilty, off him.

1. Ghost of Willie Lynch says:

The method employed was much faster and cost a lot less money. Thank you Honorable Mr. Lovell for saving the rest of us money on wasting time in uniform.I

2. GROWAPAIR says:

Obviously, you have no idea of the death penalty, asshat.

3. DeVille says:

HEY, PU$SY MIKE, LET US ALL KNOW WHEN YOU’RE GOING TO GET YOUR DADDY’S BALLS OUT OF YOUR BUTT SO YOU CAN CRAWL OUT FROM IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND TAKE CARE OF KELVIN, BIATCH 🙂

2. Scott Overcash says:

HEY, PU$SY MIKE, LET US ALL KNOW IF YOU’RE GOING TO GET YOUR DADDY’S BALLS OUT OF YOUR BUTT SO YOU CAN CRAWL OUT FROM IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND TAKE CARE OF GROWAPAIR FOR B1TCH SLAPPING YOU. 🙂

2. DeVille says:

Black lives matter. Busybodies don’t matter.

1. ET says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack around screen names

1. Ghost of Willie Lynch says:

2. Ghost of Willie Lynch says:

HEY, PU$SY MIKE, LET US ALL KNOW WHEN YOU’RE GOING TO GET YOUR DADDY’S BALLS OUT OF YOUR BUTT SO YOU CAN CRAWL OUT FROM IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND TAKE CARE OF GROWAPAIR, BIATCH🙂

2. medocadvikian says:

HEY, PU$SSY MIKE, LET US ALL KNOW WHEN YOU’RE GOING TO GET YOUR DADDY’S BALLS OUT OF YOUR BUTT SO YOU CAN CRAWL OUT FROM IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND TAKE CARE OF KELVIN, BIATCH🙂

3. GROWAPAIR says:

Too bad someone died, but “Execution-Style Murder,” wow, the whiny overpaid incompetent cops are going to milk this one all they can.

4. GROWAPAIR says:

And now we wait for, DICCKLESS MIKE THE PU$SY DUMBFUK, to re-appear. You go BlTCH!!

3. GROWAPAIR says:

1. medocadvikian says:

That coming from KELVIN the DICCKLESS BIPOLAR INTERNET B’YTCH that hides under a rock with its daddy’s nuts up its butt

1. DeVille says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also gave me free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and try to lick your nuts, like I do to Trump, nobama, GROWAPAIR, KELVIN STEPHENS, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

But all of you already know this

2. bong815 says:

But all of you already know this

3. medocadvikian says:

4. bong815 says:

HEY, PU$SSY MIKE, LET US ALL KNOW WHEN YOU’RE GOING TO GET YOUR DADDY’S BALLS OUT OF YOUR BUTT SO YOU CAN CRAWL OUT FROM IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND TAKE CARE OF KELVIN, BIATCH 🙂

4. GROWAPAIR says:

Yeah, I’m KELVIN STEPHEN. I’m a hardened thug. I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also give you free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name, like I did to nobama, America, and everyone else I hate.

1. GROWAPAIR says:

You’re DICCKLESS MIKE THE PU$SY DUMBFUK, I BlTCH SLAPPED you and since you don’t have a nutsack to take care of business you post with my screen name to show you’re still a butt licking BlTCH hiding under a rock with your daddy’s balls up your ass..

1. Ghost of Willie Lynch says:

But all of you already know this

2. bong815 says:

2. Scott Overcash says:

HEY, PU$SY MIKE, LET US ALL KNOW IF YOU’RE GOING TO GET YOUR DADDY’S BALLS OUT OF YOUR BUTT SO YOU CAN CRAWL OUT FROM IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND TAKE CARE OF GROWAPAIR FOR B1TCH SLAPPING YOU, BIATCH 🙂

5. GROWAPAIR says:

I have one life to live and I’m going to spend the majority of it posting comments on the threads here at the CBS website day AND night. Thats how I roll but all of you already know this

Sent from my Obama Phone

1. medocadvikian says:

Yeah, you’re PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . You don’t like woods or south siders. You were picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got you a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and you learned about Allah in there. They also gave you free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or you’ll hijack our scree name and try to lick our nuts, like you do to Trump, nobama, GROWAPAIR, KELVIN STEPHENS, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped you

But everyone already know this

1. Scott Overcash says:

Sent from my Obama Phone

6. bong815 says:

Where is “Shakedown” Sharpton? Oh, that’s right, the right color person was the one who died. Sorry, Al.

1. DeVille says:

Yeah, PU$SY MIKE, you’re sorry you told Big Al to wipe before you licked his butt hole 🙂

7. GROWAPAIR says: