Emotions Still Boiling Over After Police Shooting Of Black South LA Man; Garcetti’s House Egged

SOUTH LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Raw emotions were still boiling over Sunday night in a South Los Angeles community after the deadly police shooting of a black teen.

Just before 8 p.m.  a protest broke out at Western Avenue and 108th Street in South L.A. Sky9 was above the scene as drivers started doing donuts in the intersection and some young people were seen tagging businesses with spray paint.

People in the community were upset over the use of  lethal force by officers on 18-year-old Carnell Snell, Jr. after a chase.

Snell was shot just two houses away from where he lived.

Investigators say the incident unfolded about 1 p.m. when they saw a car with paper plates that they suspected of being stolen. Authorities allege that the driver of the vehicle refused to stop. A couple of blocks away, investigators say the driver of the car did stop, and two men got out of the car, but the vehicle then fled.

Police say they then turned their attention to the foot pursuit, chasing one male about two blocks, at which point an officer-involved shooting occurred. It is not clear what caused the officers to open fire, but police have said that a handgun was discovered at the scene.

Six bullet holes in an iron fence are leaving residents with a reminder of the deadly shooting.

“Let’s wake up, let’s wake up and try to show some love and compassion for each other,” concerned mother Avis Bates said.

The LAPD has scheduled a new conference for Monday.

Early Sunday morning, more than two dozen protesters dispersed overnight after they gathered outside the home of Mayor Eric Garcetti.

About 30 protesters converged outside the Getty House in Hancock Park, wanting to draw attention to police shooting earlier Saturday.

Mayor Garcetti offered this statement Sunday:

“Our city has worked hard for two decades to make our communities safer and to build bonds of trust between our neighborhood residents and the police officers who serve them. I would appeal for everyone to come together as a city and to wait for the completion of a thorough and proper investigation of yesterday’s events.”

d9d2fa2c1ef9417e942fc40334914f5d1 Emotions Still Boiling Over After Police Shooting Of Black South LA Man; Garcettis House Egged

As CBS2’s Joy Benedict reports, Garcetti’s home and vehicle were also egged, though it remains unclear who is responsible, or whether the incident was connected to the protest.

Police arrived on scene early Sunday, and were investigating the vandalism. As of 7 a.m., the street surrounding Garcetti’s home remained blocked off.

(credit: Joy Benedict / CBS2)

(credit: Joy Benedict / CBS2)

Footage captured the demonstrators outside Garcetti’s home, as well as at the scene where Snell was killed. His mother was inconsolable at the scene in South Los Angeles after learning her son had been killed.

The shooting drew almost instant protests at the scene, where about 100 people gathered.

Comments

1. Jose says:

The other day dipsh!t Kelvin Stephens (aka: GROWAPAIR) said he believed the wife’s version of the story, “He don’t gotta gun!” when in reality he had a gun. Today he said he believed “He was running away with his hands up.” I think he also believes in the tooth fairy.

1. Jose says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also gave me free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and try to lick your nuts, like I do to Trump, nobama, GROWAPAIR, KELVIN STEPHENS, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

But all of you already know this

1. Tan Solot says:

I’m a “expletive” butt licker. NO Hillary Clinton 2016!!! I am backed by Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m PU$SY MIKE the INTERNET BlTCH and I lick trump nuts

2. patchie61 says:

Yeah, PU$SY MIKE, we all know that.

2. Tilly says:

PU$SY MIKE, we see you’re getting schooled by GROWAPIR again, my beyotch

1. patchie61 says:

I’m a “expletive” butt licker. NO Hillary Clinton 2016!!! I back by Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m PU$SY MIKE the INTERNET BlTCH and I lick trump nuts

3. Jane Ricci says:

But all of you already know this

2. GROWAPAIR says:

I’m not a “expletive.” Hillary Clinton 2016!!! She is backed by Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m GROWAPAIR and I endorse Hillary Clinton

1. Tan Solot says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack off screen names

1. Jose says:

I’m PU$SY MIKE the INTERNET BlTCH and I lick trump nuts

2. The Truth says:

PU$SY MIKE, looks like you got another beat down, well you always have my butt hole, b1tch

1. Penny says:

PU$SY MIKE’s tongue be all over my butt hole

3. patchie61 says:

So again the black community rallies around a black man creating a crisis situation. The death in El Cajon was 100% justified if you look at the video’s. How should a police officer react to somebody setting up his arms in a hostile shooting position? Should they wait to see if a shot is fired (at them) first? Same goes for Charlotte where that dumb wife claims everything but the truth. There was a gun and the husband was unstable. WOW, police shot an unstable person armed and in the appearance of being ready to fire.

Good thing Hillary is trying to steal black votes by acting like the current Black president. Only problem is, the current President has created a massive divide in this nation and Clinton will only further the divide if she follows his path as she claims she will. Clinton is looking to buy black voters and is basically calling them too stupid to read between her lines.

1. patchie61 says:

But all of you already know this

1. patchie61 says:

I’m PU$SY MIKE the INTERNET BlTCH and I lick trump nuts

4. Chaka says:

Roll up the busses, and ARREST all these UNRULY SPOOKS!👻👻👻

1. patchie61 says:

PU$SY MIKE, the only thing stopping me from doing that is your tongue up my butt hole, beyotch

1. Jose says:

And a missing nutsack that I don’t get to play with 😦

5. Chewbaccas_in_the_WH says:

another day, another worthless, welfare-bred, coiled-hair chimpanzee living up to all expectations.

6. Asian countries for Asians.

Black countries for Blacks.

but White countries for everybody?

That’s genocide.

Anti-racist is a codeword for Anti-White

7. Douglas Joiner says:

Let me guess .. he was a good boy deep down, he has been in some trouble with the law, but he was turning his life around. Probably on his way to get his GED in the next couple of years. No job. His father is in jail (obviously the white mans’s fault), and he was being “raised” by an aunt or grandmother. This is too easy.

8. JoeL says:

One less POS for us to feed in the prison.

9. MikeBuildsUSA says:

BLM founded in 2013. US murder rate up 11% in 2015. Cops are responding to fewer complaints. Now they wait for “body in street” complaints.

10. Joe E in the IE says:

Headline the world will never, ever read:

Emotions Still Boiling Over After Latest Innocent Victim Slain By Black-On-Black Violence; Gang Member’s House Egged

11. kek says:

Best way to avoid getting shot is do not commit a crime. Lots of Darwin awards being handed out since black community organizer Obama and BLMs black nationalism movement. Deal with it Black community. Don’t feel one iota bad.

12. Mike Arvand says:

Everyone already knew the details before the page loaded.

Criminal thug gets shot, racist welfare addicts riot.

13. Loot first, ask questions later….

14. busseja says:

Even in Gatica, or logans Run. people weren’t killed for not heeding a cops command. This only happened to Jews in Germany and an unfortunate in Stalin’s Russia. These people have a reason to be mad. Police need to rethink their procedures so as to treat all people as innocent until they are guilty. This kind of wild policing tarnishes the badge of all good officers.

1. Man Cave says:

“Police need to rethink their procedures so as to treat all people as innocent until they are guilty.”

How much guilt do you require? Driving a stolen vehicle, refusing to pull over, running away from a crime scene, illegal possession of a firearm… is that enough guilt or is that your definition of innocence?

15. Eddy says:

If they can afford to waste eggs then we’re providing too much in welfare assistance. The goal is to prevent people from dying of hunger, not to provide a wasteful lifestyle.

16. Carl Wilson says:

Why shouldn’t the cops shoot him? Sorry media- normal Americans don’t find anything wrong with this story.

17. Jason says:

JUST KEEP VOTING DEMOCRAT and LOSE your State !!!

18. m333 says:

Finally. Cali, your turn in the barrel. Your lib press will fan the flames. Good job on decades of electing socialists. Taxpayers get out your checkbooks. Rebuilding burned cities is expensive.

19. jsanac7934 says:

just stop policing these neighborhoods. just wall them off and keep them away from the civilized society. it is just too expensive to keep policing these neighborhoods and it is obvious the occupants of those neighborhoods don’t want any policing done.

20. Janet says:

Trump 2016!

21. hitrestart1 says:

Dear black folk,

How’s that “Laws are for white people” workin’ out for ya?

22. These clowns never get it. Don’t run from the cops. Obey their commands. If not, well you see the results.

23. Jane Ricci says:

YAWN…I am so tired of seeing blacks rioting in L.A., from the Watts riots to this past weekend. Do blacks think this is a way to get their message across? It makes Whites, Asians and Latinos just cringe and really not take anything the black groups cry about seriously. Stealing, looting and burning down your own neighborhoods makes all blacks look like thugs and criminals.

1. Joe E in the IE says:

But all of you already know this

24. sli says:

morons. ALL BEING PLAYED. Bunch of pigeons, american fools.

25. WHEY MAH CHECKS BE?? OBAMA BE DONE PROMED ME MAH CHECKS!!

26. Wharfplank says:

Groundhog Day?

27. jimbo says:

Eggs? Big deal. He should be glad they weren’t chucking any spears at him!

Comments are closed.