Man Arrested On Suspicion Of Kidnapping Convenience Store Clerk In South LA

SOUTH LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A 29-year-old man was arrested Thursday after allegedly kidnapping a woman from the convenience store where she worked in South Los Angeles.

Jose Cado was taken into custody Wednesday night following a massive search and a short police chase, police said.

Security video captured Cado dragging a 28-year-old woman by her arms outside of the convenience store, where he proceeded to push and shove her into his vehicle.

As the woman was being dragged out of the store, she attempted to alert a passing mailman to her predicament by hooking her leg onto his. The mailman, however, didn’t appear to take note and didn’t take any action.

The mailman told CBS2’s Dave Lopez on Thursday that the woman wasn’t screaming for help, and so he assumed the assailant and victim were acquaintances or in a relationship.

The victim, however, told the store owner that she had been screaming for help.

“Help me, help me. I don’t know this guy,” the victim screamed, according to the store owner, who asked to remain anonymous.

The mailman replied, “You two are in love. I’m not getting involved,” according to the store owner.

After Cado shoved the woman into the passenger seat of the car, she attempted to free herself. At that point, Cado allegedly struck her with a hammer several times. After two more attempts, the woman got free of her assailant.

She asked a passing motorist for help, but the man drove away, saying he didn’t want to get involved, the store owner.

However, two women who had observed the assault from their car took a photo of the car’s license plate and sent it to the police. That information led to Cado’s arrest, the LAPD said.

After freeing herself, the victim ran to a cemetery where she was able to find three women to come to her aid and was taken to a hospital to be evaluated.

According to police, Cado threatened the victim’s family at one point before the alleged kidnapping took place.

Comments

1. Joanna Hinrichs says:

Why did the postman TRIP OVER the woman being drug out and do NOTHING! Why is this question not being commented on? Appalling that the postman just let it happen and kept delivering the.mail !

1. because he was afraid he’s be accused of “racism” if he intervened

1. Joanna Hinrichs says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack off screen names

2. American Patriot says:

Hillary Clinton 2016!!! She is backed by Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m PU$SY MIKE and I endorse Hillary Clinton

2. No one sees the postman ignore her says:

I totally agree! Why are these “journalists” completely ignoring the visual fact that someone just walks on by as they woman is being pulled away?????? Hello???? That mail carrier needs to be tracked down. Did the mail carrier even bother to call police? What was he thinking? If concerned for his safety I can understand but to so casually just walk on by with another in distress with ZERO concern, sickening. The news people need to follow up on this.

3. No one sees the postman ignore her says:

I’m PU$SY MIKE and I lick Trump nuts.

4. Glenda says:

Hey azzhole, what’s with the screen names?

2. GROWAPAIR says:

I’m GROWAPAIR and I endorse Hillary Clinton

1. Joanna Hinrichs says:

1. Joanna Hinrichs says:

You’re another one of the butt holes I lick

1. No one sees the postman ignore her says: