LAPD: Marine Shot In Head Likely Won’t Survive

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A 19-year-old marine from Camp Pendleton, who was shot in the head in South L.A. Friday, most likely will not survive, Los Angeles police said.

Lance Cpl. Carlos Segovia-Lopez, was found about 11:35 p.m. Friday slumped over the steering wheel of a Dodge Charger in the 2100 block of 31st Street and covered in blood, according to police and witnesses.

Officer Norma Eisenman said Monday that a vehicle pulled up beside the victim’s car, and at least one person shot him in the head.

Capt. Peter Whittingham said the marine is on life support at California Hospital Medical Center and has little to no brain function.

A family friend, Claudia Perez, said Segovia was on leave from Camp Pendleton and was driving home from visiting his girlfriend.

Police said the victim had no gang connections and don’t know why he was shot.

Anyone with information on the case is urged to call the LAPD.

Comments

1. ZumaMom says:

Ghetto behavior spreading to all towns and cities in California.
    Warn your children what kind of people to stay away from.

1. James Speed says:

I’m GROWAPAIR, the Original Internet GANGSTA, and I approve this message.You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think you need so much protection from me when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check from where the “ferry dust” is coming. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, and I approve this message.

1. Jose says:

Yeah Mike, I got you licking my buttllips when I called out GROWPAIR for showing you’re my PU$SY BIATCH. Good thing we can hide under your rock.

2. Zuma Mom says:

To the administrators of the comment section of the CBS news website; I am the real JAMES SPEED sadly a troll named MIKE, whose foul mouthed rhetoric I have seen before has hijacked my screen & real name & others screen names posting offensive responses to other members of this forum. If you would like I can verify my identity via your initial inquiry through my real E-mail that you have on file to reach out to me for contact for this purpose. I await your reply & thank you for your time & consideration.

3. Alex DeLarge says:

Oh man messed up this post lemme do it again … You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think you need so much protection from me when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check from where the “ferry dust” is coming. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, and I approve this message.

2. James Speed says:

God knows who the individuals are. I pray this young Marine soul rest with the Lord when its his time. This kind of attack is so disgusting..

Semper Fi Marine.. Semper Fi

1. Robert says:

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, and I approve this message.

3. Robert says:

Sounds like a good time for a little INTER SERVICE POSSE to get together and put a swift end to the worthless fuc%s that did this.

1. ZumaMom says:

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, and I lick BUTTH0LES and hijack screen names🙂.

4. James Speed says:

I posted with three names and no one replied. I wanna lick his b’hole🙂

1. GROWAPAIR says:

That’s because you’re “DICCKLESS MIKE THE PU$SY DUMBFUK,” left b!tch slapped and hiding up in your mama’s BUTH0LE … loser.