LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The 2016 Los Angeles Dodgers have spent an MLB-high 1,782 combined days on the disabled list.
Somehow, the team has overcome a plague of injuries and remains in first place in the NL West, ahead of the rival San Francisco Giants.
Let’s take a look at the string of injuries that have haunted the Dodgers since the start of 2016.
27 different players have landed on the team’s DL — a stat that also leads the major leagues.
One thing is certain – the Dodgers training staff has been busy.
- RHP Brandon McCarthy ; 60-day DL
- RHP Frankie Montas ; 60-day DL
- LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu ; 15-day DL ; April 3rd
- OF Andre Ethier ; 15-day DL ; April 3rd
- INF Alex Guerrero ; 15-day DL ; April 3rd
- 2B Howie Kendrick ; 15-day DL ; April 3rd
- C Yasmani Grandal ; 15-day DL ; April 3rd
- RHP Mike Bolsinger ; 15-day DL ; April 3rd
- RHP Josh Ravin ; 15-day DL ; April 3rd
- LHP Brett Anderson ; 60-day DL ; April 3rd
- OF Carl Crawford ; 15-day DL ; April 9th
- OF Scott Van Slyke ; 15-day DL ; April 13th
- RHP Chris Hatcher ; 15-day DL ; April 15th
- RHP Chin-hui Tsao ; 15-day DL ; May 24th
- RHP Yimi Garcia ; 60-day DL ; May 28th
- LHP Alex Wood ; 15-day DL ; May 31st
- OF Yasiel Puig ; 15-day DL ; June 4th
- OF Kike’ Hernandez ; 15-day DL ; June 29th
- LHP Clayton Kershaw ; 15-day DL ; June 30th
- OF Joc Pederson ; 15-day DL ; July 1st
- OF Trayce Thompson ; 15-day DL ; July 16th
- RHP Casey Fien ; 15 day-DL ; July 19th
- LHP Rich Hill ; 15-day DL ; August 3rd
- LHP Adam Liberatore; 15-day DL ; August 3rd
- RHP Louis Coleman ; 15-day DL ; August 3rd
- RHP Bud Norris ; 15-day DL ; August 6th
- LHP Scott Kazmir ; 15-day DL ; August 23rd
Out of the everyday players, that leaves Adrian Gonzalez, Justin Turner, Corey Seager, Chase Utley, Kenta Maeda, Kenley Jansen, and Julio Urias as the only Dodgers NOT to be placed on the DL this season.