LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Actress Amanda Bynes has been arrested for driving under the influence of a controlled substance, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A CHP officer observed Bynes’ vehicle stopped in the middle of Riverside Drive and Van Nuys Boulevard around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
She was arrested at 4:10 a.m., but it was unclear what kind of controlled substance was in her system.
The 28-year-old, who in recent years has had several run-ins with the law, was held at the LAPD’s Van Nuys station on $15,000 bail, the CHP said.
She was released just before 1 p.m. that day.
PHOTOS: Amanda Bynes Twitter Pics
Bynes is due to appear in court on the misdemeanor charge on Oct. 23.
She is currently serving three years probation after pleading no contest to driving on a suspended license from a 2012 incident.
Bynes is best known for her roles on Nickelodeon’s “All That”‘ and “The Amanda Show” and films such as “Hairspray,” “What a Girl Wants,” “Easy A,” “She’s the Man” and “Sydney White.”
- Actress Amanda Bynes Accuses Father Of Abuse In Twitter Rant
- Actress Amanda Bynes Arrested For Driving Under The Influence Of Drugs
- Amanda Bynes Pleads No Contest To ‘Wet Reckless’ Driving In 2012 Collision
- Attorney: Amanda Bynes Leaves Mental Health Facility
- Judge Grants Temporary Conservatorship Over Actress Amanda Bynes