Air-Conditioner Explosion Burns Person In West Hollywood
WEST HOLLYWOOD (CBSLA.com) — An air-conditioner explosion sent a person to the hospital with second-degree burns Thursday afternoon, according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
Firefighters went to a two-story condominium complex in the 900 block of North Kings Road following a report from someone who had seen smoke and dust at about 2:15 p.m. The burned person was found at the scene and taken to a hospital, fire Inspector Rick Flores said. Authorities did not have any information on whether the injured person is a man or woman.
Flores said the damaged air-conditioner unit leaked a small amount of ammonia, but no evacuations were ordered.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)