STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — End the summer with a bang!
Founder of Super Moms 360 website Deborah Stallings Stum stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to show viewers how to throw the perfect goodbye summer bash on a budget.
Tips to save time & money:
- Plan your party mid-afternoon and no main course is required
- Use summer and beach items you already have around the house like inflatable floats, goggles, pool noodles and more to add color
- Shop at your local dollar store or bargain spot in your favorite retailer
- Make semi-homemade treats that use everyday ingredients to save time
Food – Create a “beach bites” buffet filled with munchies for all ages:
- Swimming Pool Punch – Blue raspberry or sports drink with a splash of lemon lime soda for bubbles. Add fun decorations like rubber ducks or mini inflatable floats
- Hot Diggety Dog Brownies – Inspired by summer backyard BBQs, these brownie bites are an easy and grill-tastic treat
- Sand Bucket Snack Mix – Use inexpensive plastic beach buckets and shovels and create a snack mix bar for the kids. Goldfish crackers, popcorn, candies and more
- Ice Cream Cookie Cones – Always a hit at summer parties, dip the tips of peanut butter cookies in white chocolate, add sprinkles and a cinnamon drop “cherry” on top
- Fun in the Sun Fruit Kabobs – Add some healthy options to your grab ‘n go display by layering fresh fruit on bamboo skewers and topping with festive flowers
Festive Décor – A little money can go a long way with beach themed decorations:
- Hang a string of beach balls instead of lanterns – you can pick them up for under a buck each!
- Beach towel bucket – Fill a bucket with inexpensive and colorful beach towels. Label with the name of each child party guest and they can take home as favors
- Use swim & beach items you already have around the house – no need to spend a ton of money when you can use goggles, pool floats, kick boards and pool noodles
Fun – Make a splash with the kids when you just add water and a little creativity:
- Tube Toss with Super Sponge Soakers – Use a doughnut-shaped pool float and toss water balloons or Super Sponge Soakers (made from household sponges) into the center from increasingly farther distances
- Gotcha Goldfish Game – A race against time to see who can transfer the most Goldfish crackers from one container to the next using only a straw