Woman Burned, Puppy Killed In OC House Fire Caused By Overloaded Electrical Cord

SANTA ANA (CBSLA.com) — Officials say a house fire that left a woman with burns, killed a puppy and displaced 13 people in Santa Ana was caused by an overloaded electrical cord.

Firefighters were sent shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday to a small, one-story home in the 2400 block of South Ramona Drive and had the flames out within 15 minutes, Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi said.

“It started in the bedroom,” Concialdi said. “There was a fridge, a stereo, a television and a portable air-conditioning unit plugged into an extension cord.”

Concialdi said major appliances should be plugged directly into an outlet and that “an extension cord should never be used instead of permanent wiring.”

(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio

Listen Live