STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — When women say they need their beauty sleep, they’re not joking. Most of the biological activities that repair and restore the body occur at night.
Beauty Expert Kate De Ponte stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to share beauty tricks to use overnight!
Here are some of her tips:
Refresh, Then Relax: Too many women forget to remove their makeup before going to bed and with the summer sweat and humidity, it can leave a layer of grime on our skin. Stock up on easy-to-use towelettes that make it easier to keep skin clean all summer. You can even use night calming towelettes that help you unwind and relax.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Night Calming Cleansing Towelettes – $6.99
No More Puffy Eyes: When you sleep horizontally, fluid pools beneath your eyes causing those dreaded bags. Use an eye cream or serum at night and be sure prop your head up with an extra pillow and avoid salty foods after lunch.
- Avon ANEW Clinical Absolute Even dark Circle Corrector – $34 at avon.com or an Avon representative
Wrinkle Reducers: Nighttime is best for using anti-aging products since many can cause sensitivity to the sun. Also, avoid resting the sides of your face on cotton pillowcases because the cotton can cause sleep lines. Use a silk or satin case that will allow your skin to move more freely against the smoother surface.
- Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Serum – $24.99 at Target and target.com
Don’t Sweat It: It’s actually more effective to apply deodorant at night. This allows the active ingredients in the antiperspirant to get to the sweat duct and clog it. And your sweat volume is usually higher in the mornings, so it washes the deodorant off.
- Dove Advanced Care Deodorant with NutriumMoisture – $4.99-6.49 at mass retailers and drugstores
Slough It Off: Because our body regenerates at night, exfoliate with a facial scrub before you go to bed. You’ll wake up in the morning with softer and smoother skin.
- Racinne Gentle Refining Scrub Mask – $34 at racinneusa.com
Hair Repair: Just like our skin, the Earth’s elements can wreak havoc on our hair. When your tresses are safe and sound from the sun and wind, use an overnight hair serum or mask. Using a silk or satin pillowcase also prevents hair breakage.
- Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Overnight Hair Rescue – $38 at Sephora