Quick & Delicious Sandwich Recipes From Chef Fabio Viviani
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Up for a summer picnic?
Chef Fabio Viviani from Top Chef visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to show viewers how to make some awesome sandwiches for those last-minute summer picnics.
Ham and Sweet Mayo Club Sandwich
• 3 slices Oroweat® 100% Whole Wheat bread
• 3 ounces thinly sliced ham
• 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked
• 2 slices pineapple
• 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp nonfat mayonnaise
• 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
• Shredded Romaine Lettuce
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Serving Size: 1 serving
Chop one slice of pineapple and mix with Greek yogurt and mayonnaise. Spread evenly on three slices of bread. Layer one slice of bread with ham and one slice of pineapple. Place another piece of bread on top and continue layering with turkey bacon, cheese, basil, and Romaine. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the remaining slice of bread.
Turkey, Pepper Jack, Blueberry and Apple Sandwich
• 2 Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls Honey Wheat (or Mulit-Grain, Honey Wheat is not available)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 4 ounces roasted turkey, thinly sliced
• 4 slices pepper jack cheese
• 1/4 cup blueberries
• 1/4 Fuji apple, sliced
• 1/2 cup arugula
Serving Size: 2 servings
Spread mustard on the bottom halves of each Sandwich Thins® roll and evenly layer the roasted turkey, pepper jack cheese, blueberries, apple slices and arugula.
Cover with top half of the Sandwich Thins® roll and enjoy.
Cashew Butter, Celery, Golden Raisin Sandwich
• 3 slices Oroweat® Whole Grains Oat Nut bread
• 4 tablespoons cashew butter (see recipe below)
• 1 stalk celery, cut into sticks
• 4 tablespoons Golden raisins
• 1 cup water, warm
Serving Size: 1 serving
Place golden raisins in a cup of warm water, let soak for 15 minutes and drain. Spread 2 tablespoons of the cashew butter on 2 slices of bread. Layer each slice with 2 tablespoons of raisins and ½ of the celery sticks. Form a 3-layer sandwich and top with the third slice of bread.
• 2 cups cashews
• 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
Blend cashews and olive oil in a blender on a high speed.