Running On Empty: Water Recreation
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Pete Demetriou is a native Angeleno and he brings a unique knowledg...Read More
- Santa Clarita Valley’s Water Supply Hit Hard By Mega-Drought - Santa Clarita Valley water officials said they've had to shut down some of the wells that supply water for home and businesses because they're drying up.
- DWP To Explore Pricing Tiers Based On Residents’ Water Usage - Would adding a more complex pricing structure at the DWP encourage customers to cut back on their water usage?
- Calif. On Verge Of Regulating Groundwater Supply For 1st Time - The state Assembly on Friday voted 44-27 to send the bill, AB1739, to Gov. Jerry Brown, whose administration has been shaping the rules. Two companion bills were sent to the Senate and were expected to win approval later in the day.
- Drought Causing Sticky Situation For Calif. Beekeepers - California's drought crisis is proving quite a sting to beekeepers.
- DWP Boosts Staffing To Educate LA Water Wasters - The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) is stepping up enforcement efforts to promote water conservation during the statewide drought.
(KNX 1070) — Getting away for some “R-and-R” may be a bit more challenging in this drought. But as Pete Demetriou reports, theme parks are working hard to keep the fun going without wasting water.