Running On Empty: Water Recreation
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Pete Demetriou is a native Angeleno and he brings a unique knowledg...Read More
- Laguna Lifts City Ban On New Pool Constructions In City - A ban has been put in place in Laguna Beach on all new pool construction due to the drought, meaning homeowners looking to beat the heat with a new pool are out of luck.
- Drought-Resistant Turf Costing Some Glendale Business Owners - The transition to drought-resistant plants may be bringing in less green to some local businesses in one Glendale neighborhood.
- California Launches Website Where People Can Snitch On Water Wasters - California has multiple restrictions on water use, including banning washing cars with hoses that don't shut off and restricting lawn-watering within two days of rainfall. But enforcement varies widely across the parched state.
- Southland Communities Conserve Water, Face Rate Hikes - As Californians reduced water consumption 27 percent last month compared with June 2013, three Southland communities made particularly dramatic reductions in water usage.
- California Water Usage Drops In June, Exceeds Governor’s Mandate - Californians continued to conserve water in June as a record-breaking heat wave swept throughout much of the state, officials said Thursday.
(KNX 1070) — Getting away for some “R-and-R” may be a bit more challenging in this drought. But as Pete Demetriou reports, theme parks are working hard to keep the fun going without wasting water.