Running On Empty: Water Cops
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Jon Baird has done general news, consumer, business and sports...Read More
- Record Water Savings Shows Big Cuts To California Supplies Feasible - Water use in drought-stricken California plunged by record levels in May, and Gov. Jerry Brown's administration cited that as proof cities can hit steep summer conservation targets they have blasted as unfair.
- Areas That Conserved Most, Least During California Drought - California's drought-stricken cities posted record water savings in May, ahead of mandatory conservation targets that took effect in June.
- California Cities Cut Water Use 29 Percent, Biggest Savings Yet In Drought - California cities hit record conservation during the drought after cutting water use 29 percent in May, according to data released by a state agency Wednesday.
- In The Garden With Nick Federoff: How To Avoid Over-Watering Your Plants - Gardening guru Nick Federoff appeared on KCAL9 News Saturday morning to demonstrate how to avoid over-watering your lawn and plants during California's historic drought. For more information, visit ThingsGreen.com.
- California Bill Would Ban Fines For Dry Lawns - The California Legislature has sent the governor a bill to protect residents who let their lawns go brown during the drought.
(KNX 1070) — If you don’t follow the rules on water use, Jon Baird reports your neighbors could report you to the water cops.