Running On Empty: Montecito
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Ed Mertz has been at KFWB since March of 2000 and began reporting for...Read More
- Agency To Update Drought Plan Mandating Water Cuts In Cities - California water regulators are postponing release of a new plan to get cities to reduce water use by as much as a third.
- Water District In Camarillo Opens $10 Million Plant That Will Turn Saltwater Into Drinking Water - A small water district in Ventura County is taking big steps to help with the state’s drought emergency by turning saltwater into drinking water.
- Compton Official Warns Water Usage Penalties Could Sink Lower-Income Families - Officials in Compton and other lower-income cities are warning that residents may be unable to bear any additional financial burden imposed by mandatory water restrictions.
- Agencies Get Up To Speed On Latest Firefighting Aircraft - With more frequent red flag alerts combined with Southern California's extreme drought conditions, state and federal agencies are getting up to speed on the latest firefighting aircraft.
- Experts: Expect California Water Bills To Escalate Despite Reduced Water Use - If you're a California resident, you may soon start receiving bigger water bills, even if you do your part in reducing your water usage.
(KNX 1070) — It’s a tough lesson for one of Southern California’s wealthiest communities. Ed Mertz reports no matter how much money you have, if the water is going to run out, it’s going to run out.