Running On Empty: Lessons From Australia
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Charles Feldman joined KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO as an investigative reporter...Read More
- In The Garden With Nick Federoff: How To Avoid Over-Watering Your Plants - Gardening guru Nick Federoff appeared on KCAL9 News Saturday morning to demonstrate how to avoid over-watering your lawn and plants during California's historic drought. For more information, visit ThingsGreen.com.
- California Bill Would Ban Fines For Dry Lawns - The California Legislature has sent the governor a bill to protect residents who let their lawns go brown during the drought.
- DWP To Unveil Plan To Capture Storm Runoff In Drought-Fighting Effort - The Department of Water and Power plans to capture storm water runoff and use it to refill underground supplies rather than allow it to drain into the ocean via storm channels.
- California: Many Farmers Miss Deadline To Report Water Cuts - Data show less than a third of the farmers, water districts and communities responded to the broadest conservation order for those with nearly ironclad water rights by the State Water Resources Control Board.
- LA County Bans New Vineyards Due To Drought - New Los Angeles County wine is not on the horizon since the Board of Supervisors have imposed a temporary ban on new or expanded vineyards in a large area of the northern Santa Monica Mountains to help manage the severe drought in the region.
(KNX 1070) — Some Californians aren’t taking the drought seriously. Charles Feldman reports there could be some lessons to be learned from another part if the world that met a similar challenge head on.