Running On Empty: Infrastructure
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
- Fountain Valley Earns Top Water Conservation Spot In Orange County - While California residents continue the struggle of trying to conserve water through the drought, one local community raised the bar for water management.
- LA Commissioners Consider Further Restricting 3-Day Watering Schedule - At a meeting Tuesday, commissioners from the L.A. Department of Water and Power decided to stay with the current three-day watering schedule.
- Experts Say Predicted El Nino System May Do More Harm To California Than Good - While the predicted El Niño system, expected to arrive this Winter, may bring with it plenty of much-needed rain, some experts believe it may do more harm to the drought-ridden region than good.
- List Of Shower Shutdowns At California State Beaches - The state of California has released a list of public beaches that will have showers turned off in an effort to save water.
- ‘Beginning Of The End’ For Lawns? Officials Order Limits On Water Use For Landscaping - State officials Wednesday ordered an end to traditional grassy lawns for new homes and businesses as they continue targeting ornamental landscapes as a waste of water.
(KNX 1070) — Because of the drought, a recent water main break near UCLA couldn’t have come at a worse time. Jon Baird reports it may even be a sign of things still to come.