Running On Empty: Hydroponics
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Margaret Carrero joined the KNX 1070 news team in March...Read More
- Homeowners Ditch Lawns To Conserve Water Amid State’s Mega-Drought - A local landscaping company is taking advantage of a government rebate and transforming people's lawns to a water-efficient alternative.
- America The Beautiful (And Freezing) - Many parts of the U.S. have already broken records for snowfall and below zero temperatures while other parts have seen unseasonably warm temperatures.
- Megadrought Possible In Parts Of U.S. If Climate Change Persists, Scientists Say - If climate change continues unabated, there is at least an 80 percent chance of a megadrought in the Southwest and the Great Plains, scientists said Thursday.
- LA County Supes Propose Higher Fines For Water Wasters - Los Angeles County officials were set to vote Tuesday on whether to increase fines for wasting water.
- More Water Rationing? California Agency To Decide Next Move In Drought Fight - Persistent drought conditions could trigger mandatory water rationing measures throughout Southern California for the second time in six years, officials said Monday.
(KNX 1070) — As food prices go up because of the drought, some people are looking to grow their own with less water. Margaret Carrero reports.