Running On Empty: Hydroponics
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Margaret Carrero joined the KNX 1070 news team in March...Read More
- Feds Providing $50M For Water-Saving Projects - The U.S. government will invest nearly $50 million in water conservation and reuse projects in 12 drought-stricken Western states, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell announced Wednesday.
- LA City Council Approves New Phase In Water Conservation Efforts - The Los Angeles City Council Wednesday approved a new phase in the city’s effort to conserve water.
- For California Salmon, Summer Of Truck Rides, Bucket Lifts - What do you do when you have 30 million young salmon ready for their big journeys downstream, but drought and development have dried your riverbeds to sauna rocks? In California this year, you give the fish a ride.
- Vehicle Shears Hydrant In Lynwood - Los Angeles County Fire Department personnel were called to MLK and Bullis around 7:20 p.m.
- Residents Urged To Turn Off Sprinklers For A Week After Pair Of Storms - Southern California may still be a little soggy, but officials said Friday it will take far more rain and conservation to end the state's four-year drought.
(KNX 1070) — As food prices go up because of the drought, some people are looking to grow their own with less water. Margaret Carrero reports.