Running On Empty: Hydroponics
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Margaret Carrero joined the KNX 1070 news team in March...Read More
- Predicted Santa Ana Winds Fuel Fire Concerns For Foothill Residents This Week - Santa Ana winds are expected to kick up once again by the end of the week during what authorities fear could be one of the worst fire seasons seen yet.
- Alaskan Bottling Company Proposes New Idea To Fight Drought Conditions In California - The CEO of Alaska Bulk Water, Terry Trapp, announced plans to try and export water from Blue Lake, located near Sitka, which gets plenty of rain each year.
- LA County Leases Two Additional Firefighting Aircraft From Canada - Los Angeles County has leased two additional SuperScooper firefighting aircraft from Canada as a precaution in case of fall wildfires in Southern California.
- The ‘Wet’ Prince Of Bel Air: 1 Home Uses 12 Million Gallons Of Water Per Year - While the drought has most of us conserving water, one home in Bel Air guzzled nearly 12 million gallons of water in just one year.
- Lakewood, El Monte Among California’s Best Water Savers In August - Lakewood was among one of California's top water-saving cities in August, reducing its water use by a whopping 30 percent in August, and the city of El Monte was not far behind, reducing its water use by 22.9 percent.
(KNX 1070) — As food prices go up because of the drought, some people are looking to grow their own with less water. Margaret Carrero reports.