Running On Empty: History
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Margaret Carrero joined the KNX 1070 news team in March...Read More
- Drought, Plastic Bags Prompt New California Laws - California's historic drought prompted the Legislature into action in 2014, leading lawmakers to regulate groundwater for the first time and override homeowners associations that fine members for replacing lawns with more drought-tolerant landscaping.
- Recent Showers Provide Some Relief To Drought-Stricken California - The recent showers have provided some relief to drought-stricken California, a report released Thursday said.
- Rain Rolls Into Thousand Oaks As LA-Area Braces For Another Storm - Southern California residents were bracing for another storm Monday night, with police warning drivers to be careful on the road.
- Experts: ‘We Need About 75 Inches Of Rain Before The End Of This Year’ - Recent storms here in Southern California have provided much needed rain for the area, but it still may be a long way to go before drought conditions are lifted.
- Water Officials: Turn Sprinklers Off During Storm - Water officials reminded residents Thursday to turn off their sprinklers to save water during the large storm expected to soak Southern California this weekend.
(KNX 1070) — The war over water in California dates back more than a century, and the drought has reopened some of the old wounds. Margaret Carrero reports.