Running On Empty: Fighting Fires
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
- Santa Monica City Council To Consider Mandatory Water Restrictions - Mandatory water restrictions could be on tap for residents in Santa Monica.
- Brown: California Needs Long-Term Vision On Water - Addressing California's longstanding water problems will take tens of billions of dollars more and a large dose of political compromise, but the epic drought may provide new motivation, Gov. Jerry Brown told a Stanford University water conference on Monday.
- Voters Face $7.5 Billion Decision On Water With Proposition 1 - In the midst of a historic drought, Californians face an important, and expensive, decision on Election Day when deciding the fate of Proposition 1, which would address the state’s water crisis.
- Winter Likely Won’t End California’s Drought - Parts of California could receive above-average rain and snow this winter but not enough to end the worsening drought, federal forecasters said Thursday.
- LA Mayor Calls For Cuts To Water Usage, DWP Imports To Fight Drought - It was not immediately known what specific steps Mayor Garcetti would be ordering in terms of increased conservation or enforcement of water usage.
(KNX 1070) — The drought is making a difficult fire season even tougher, forcing Cal Fire to rethink the way firefighters use water. Pete Demetriou reports.