KNX Running On Empty: Drought Special Preview
July 30, 2014 5:00 PM
Charles Feldman joined KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO as an investigative reporter...Read More
- Californians Cut Water Use By Only 9 Percent In January - California water conservation slipped during an unusually dry January just a month after residents first met Gov. Jerry Brown's call to slash water use by 20 percent, a state agency reported Tuesday.
- State Water Project To Increase Deliveries 5 Percent - With all the storm activity in Southern California over the past few months, the State Water Project announced Monday it would increase water deliveries to agencies throughout the state.
- Homeowners Ditch Lawns To Conserve Water Amid State’s Mega-Drought - A local landscaping company is taking advantage of a government rebate and transforming people's lawns to a water-efficient alternative.
- America The Beautiful (And Freezing) - Many parts of the U.S. have already broken records for snowfall and below zero temperatures while other parts have seen unseasonably warm temperatures.
- Megadrought Possible In Parts Of U.S. If Climate Change Persists, Scientists Say - If climate change continues unabated, there is at least an 80 percent chance of a megadrought in the Southwest and the Great Plains, scientists said Thursday.
(KNX 1070) — When it comes to water, we are a state that is running on empty, as an epic drought goes from bad to worse with each passing dry day. Charles Feldman has a preview of what will be a full day of special reports on the drought.