Celebrate National Cheesecake Day At The Cheesecake Factory!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — It’s National Cheesecake Day!
Rob Hester from The Cheesecake Factory visited the KCAL9 studios Wednesday to celebrate and showoff some of their new Cheesecake Lollipops.
The celebration continues through Thursday at all restaurants where guests can get “Any Slice, Half Price”.
Also, take a selfie with a slice of any of The Cheesecake Factory’s legendary cheesecakes on July 30th or 31st, and go to SayCheesecakeContest.com for more details on how to enter to win one of ten prizes!
RECIPE: Cheesecake Lollipops
Chocolate Shell Mixture
• 1 ¼ c Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
• 4 T Unsalted Butter
Melt the chocolate with 2 T butter in Microwave. Heat on Medium 30 seconds at a time stirring occasionally until butter and chocolate are completely melted. Once mixture is lump free add the remaining 2 T butter and stir until melted to working temperature 100’F – 105’F
Cheesecake slices (deeply chilled) – We suggest The Cheesecake Factory “Original,” White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle®, Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, and Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple
• Wooden sticks or Lollipop Sticks
• Your favorite toppings (Jimmies, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chopped toffee, coconut & chocolate curls, etc.)
1. Begin with your favorite cheesecake. Remove any loose decorations or whip cream rosettes.
2. Use small scoop to create round balls in the shape of lollipops.
3. Place a lollipop stick in the center of the cheesecake balls
4. “Deeply chill” cheesecake lollipop balls by placing in freezer for 1 – 2 hours. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
5. Remove from freezer. Completely submerge the cheesecake “Lollipop” in melted chocolate (see above recipe for melted chocolate). Be sure to cover the entire ball keeping a clean stick for a handle. (Variation: Using a spoon, pour the chocolate over the Cheesecake “Lollipop”.)
6. Once the slice has been covered in chocolate, hold it over the mixture to let most of the excess drip off.
7. Immediately roll the lollipop in toppings. Set on a sheet pan.
8. Once the lollipop has been dipped and garnished, return to the freezer to set. After setting, each lollipop can be wrapped in a cellophane bag or plastic wrap for up to one week in the freezer.