Topanga Amphitheater Plays Host To Kids Concert Series This Summer
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Parents looking for fun activities for their kids should make their way out to the Theatricum Botanicum.
On Sunday mornings, the outdoor amphitheater in Topanga plays host to Family Fundays.
Peter Alsop, who’ll be performing his selection of funny and silly kids songs at the concert series on Sept. 21, visited Studio City Saturday to talk about the Kids Koncerts.
The music series runs at 10:30 a.m. on the following Sundays:
- July 13: Baila Baila Band – Learn a little Spanish and rock out with Venezuelan-born Isabel Brazon and her band. It’s an interactive show of contagious rhythms, including rock and roll, reggae and rap.
- July 27: Gwendolyn and the Goodtime Gang – Rock your socks off with the longtime family favorite the Los Angeles Times calls “a smart and raucous delight” and “a sonic adventure.”
- Aug. 3: The Hollow Trees – Folk music for families! Come for a hootenanny and enjoy a mix of American music styles, including folk, country, blues and jazz.
- Aug. 10: Love Bug & Me – With guitar in hand, “Miss Mary” blends singing, creative movement and her love of kids to deliver a fun, entertaining and educational exploration of musical styles and world rhythms.
- Aug. 24: Randy Kaplan – “Not Just for Kids” bluesman and balladeer Randy Kaplan combines American roots music, country blues and comedic storytelling to tell tales of Southern belle ladybugs, British queen bees and East Village roaches.
- Sept. 7: Rhythm Child – Norman Jones beats his drums and plays soulful rhythms, making “music for parents that kids can understand.” He’s the winner of the John Lennon Songwriting Contest Grand Prize, recipient of a National Parenting Publication Gold Award, received a Citation from the Los Angeles City Council and been invited to play at The White House!
- Sept. 14: Roger Day –A two-time Parents’ Choice® Gold Award winner, Roger’s skilled musicianship combines wit, whimsy and wordplay to create a musical experience that parents will enjoy, as much as their kids.
- Sept. 21: Peter Alsop – Laugh-along, silly, sing-along fun! Kids love Peter’s dee-lightfully funny songs, and he’s known across the country for his healthy, insightful messages for parents and kids.
For more information visit www.theatricum.com.