Top 5 Things To Do For Dodgers Pregame
With Dodgers Stadium located near Downtown, fans have plenty of options to pregame before the ballgame. Besides getting early to the stadium to watch batting practice, fans fill the bars and restaurants around the stadium before the ball game.
1. Batting Practice – Dodgers stadium opens their doors two hours before the game to give fans an opportunity to watch their favorite players do batting practice. If players are in a great mood, fans get a great opportunity to get autographs. Fan-favorite Yasiel Puig always seems to interact with fans, so follow him and you might get lucky to get a signed Puig signature.
2. Short Stop – The bar down Elysian Park on Sunset is the place to be before the Dodgers game. With Pabst Blue Ribbon at $3, this place gets packed with fans drinking PBR. A lot of people also save some cash by parking on the street of the Short Stop instead of paying $10 for parking at the stadium. The walk is about a short mile to the stadium.
3. Philippe’s Original Sandwich Shop – This restaurant shop is one of the most popular restaurants in the LA area, and having it close to the ballpark makes it even better. You will see a lot of Dodgers fans hitting up the famous French Dip sandwich joint.
4. Red Lion Tavern – This Pub is known for their exotic beers and is the oldest German restaurant in Los Angeles. The Silver Lake bar is about 2 miles away from the park, so walking is also an option like the Short Stop. Since it is always Oktoberfest at the Red Lion, with two beers you’ll be feeling it. Having a German bratwurst is also a great alternative for a Dodger Dog.
5. Dodgers Stadium Express – The Dodgers offer an awesome free shuttle from Union Station. The shuttle begins 90 minutes before game-time, so you’ll also have a chance to see batting practice. The shuttle also keeps the roads safer if you have been drinking throughout the game. Check out even more Sports Lists.