STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — David Bolosan from Black Angus Steakhouse stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to show what’s on the menu as they celebrate their 50th anniversary this summer.
The year-long celebration includes the introduction of new menu items and a variety of exciting promotions including any featured classic cocktail for $5 with the purchase of an entree every Tuesday through July 21.
Black Angus Steakhouse Grilled Asparagus
The Butter & Steak Seasoning give Black Angus grilled asparagus its signature flavor.
1 lb Asparagus, washed and trimmed
3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Steak Seasoning
- Wash and trim asparagus. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Toss the asparagus with the butter; make sure the asparagus is evenly coated with the butter
- Season with the steak seasoning to evenly coat.
- Place on a hot grill, ¼ turn every minute or so to get nice grill marks on each side. Depending on the thickness of your asparagus it will take anywhere from 4-8 minutes to cook.
- How to select asparagus
- Make sure that the asparagus tips are tight, compact and dry
- Make sure the bottoms are not split or cracked
- Make sure the sides are firm and smooth, not soft and shriveled
- How to store asparagus if not using it right away
- Trim off the ‘woody” bottom ends of the asparagus
- In a container large and tall enough to store the asparagus standing straight up, fill with 1 inch of water and place the asparagus standing up with bottoms in the water
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator
- Cooking tips
- Thinner asparagus will fall through the grill grates so you will need to use a grill basket.
- For a healthier version you can use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of butter
- You can substitute ½ teaspoon of kosher salt and a pinch of black pepper for the steak seasoning
- Place the asparagus with the bottoms over the hotter part of the grill and the tips toward the colder part of the grill.