STUDIO CITY ( — A fire that caused $600,000 in damage to a Coldwater Canyon home has been deemed accidental, according to officials.

The fire was reported at 3,966 square-foot residence just before midnight Wednesday in the 3600 block of Potosi Avenue in Studio City, the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

Crews were able to contain “the bulk of flames to the third floor and attic, with some fire damage extending to the second floor,” Brian Humphrey of the LAFD said.

It took 90 firefighters 41 minutes to extinguish the fire.

Investigators said the blaze was sparked by an iron that was “left on when the resident departed his home earlier in the evening.”

According to officials, the 21-year-old home, which is valued at $1.3 million, did not feature residential fire sprinklers.

The sole homeowner was displaced due to the fire.




Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE