STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Celebrate dad over some wine this weekend!
David Mirassou, wine expert and sixth generation of America’s oldest winemaking family, visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to share some food pairing tips, as well as entertaining tips when it comes to wine.
Entertaining Tips For Father’s Day
1. Offer small bites – prepare an assortment of appetizers and small plates for entertaining, allowing dad and your quests more sampling opportunities and letting you out of the kitchen to mingle more.
2. Be sure to offer up dad-friendly bites, such as smoked salmon, spicy nuts and an assortment of cheeses.
3. If you’re hosting a Father’s Day meal for a group, plan to offer your guests both a red wine and a white wine. A Chardonnay has wide appeal because it has fruit-forward flavors to maximize food pairing options. A Pinot Noir also has great versatility in food and wine pairings.
4. How much wine should you serve? A general rule of thumb is to plan on about one glass of wine per person for each hour of the gathering.
5. Personalize a gift from the vine. Give Dad a bottle of wine signed by the entire family.
For more information on Mirassou Wine, click here.