STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Its wedding season!
Wedding and event planner Annie Lee visited the KCAL9 studios Monday to show viewers different drugstore beauty and hair accessories that will save both time and money, but still leave brides picture perfect on their wedding day.
• One of the biggest “oops” made by brides is that they opt for the trendy route opposed to the more traditional route with their beauty.
• NAILS: These shades by Sally Hansen, are part of the Complete Salon Manicure ($7.99, drugstores) line incorporate a base coat with chip resistant benefits and gel shine, as well as providing growth treatment, strengthener, color and top coat in one bottle.
• LIPS: NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Colors are only $1.99 each and can also be found in drugstores nationwide. Infused with a touch-of-silk, the creamy, rich formula glides onto lips for a smooth, velvety finish that doesn’t feel sticky or slick.
Wedding Day Prep – For Your Close-up
• FACE: For day-of makeup, be sure to use a multi-purpose primer that can be used on its own for airbrushed, bare skin; under makeup as an all-day mattifying base; or for quick touch ups over makeup to reduce shine throughout the day.
• Makeup Must On a day as important as a wedding, there’s going to be more than a few tears.
• Raccoon eyes are never a good look, whether you’re the bride-to-be, a humble bridesmaid, or just a supporting guest.
• Waterproof mascara! This one by Rimmel London ScandalEyes Retro Glam Mascara ($6.99, drugstores nationwide) glides on, coating each lash to achieve a wide-eyed, false lash look. The mascara features an hourglass-shaped fiber brush with curves in all the right places, designed to the contour of your lash line to ensure that every last lash gets a pump of volume without any messy clumps.
• Do It Yourself DIY hair accessories will save you both time and money as you glam up for your big day. You can really achieve any look this way, whether you’re going traditional, or modern – and so easy!
• To create volume use simple clip-in extensions.
• These lightweight extensions can be added wherever a little extra volume and thickness is desired and can also be styled with heat!
• The updo: For the classic updo, it doesn’t get any more timeless than the French Twist. This French Twist Kit includes a cleverly curved tool that has a built-in updo barrette – roll hair high or low, or just roll the top for a pretty half-up, half-down style.