Stay Beautiful With Products From Your Local Drugstore
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Beauty expert Sadie Murray stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to show viewers different beauty items that can be found at a local drugstore!
Here are some items she mentioned:
Alba Botanica® Good & Healthy™ Range
They are a fresh new range of facial moisturizers that are free of parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, petrolatum, artificial colors and phthalates. They were developed for different skin types to ward off dullness and recharge skin. Powered by leafy green goodness, the formulas are packed with kale, spinach and swiss chard extracts, which contain vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients like lutein for a smooth, luminous complexion.
- Anti-Oil Weightless Moisture – For normal to oily skin
- Oil-Free Radiance Cream – For normal to dry or sensitive skin
- Tinted Perfector – For combination skin
- SPF15 Moisturizer – For daily sun protection
- Spots Be Gone Corrector – For dull, uneven skin tone
- Helps get rid of acne
- Sun protection since it is rich in Vitamin B
- Spinach has lots of anti-oxidants helping with anti-aging benefits
- Make your own spinach mask by blending spinach with water and applying to your face for 20 minutes to remove dirt, oil and inflammation.
Price: $9.99 each; available at Target, Walmart, Whole Foods Market, natural food stores, grocery stores, drug stores and on the web at here.
Avalon Organics® Lemon Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner
NSF/ANSI 305 Certified: made with at least 70% organic ingredients and free of parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, petrolatum, artificial colors and phthalates.
Lemon essential oil, chamomile extract, aloe and vitamins gently clarify, brighten and remove excess oils and dulling build up to restore natural highlights, color and shine.
They are gentle plant-derived cleansers enriched with Vitamin E, wheat protein, aloe, chamomile and lemon wash away dulling residue and impurities without stripping for instantly renewed color and shine. The bottle is also made with 100% recycled materials.
- It prevents the hair damage and promotes their growth along with providing the required nourishment to the hair follicles.
- Lemon juice helps fight against dandruff and prevent its recurrence
- Make your own lemon hair mask by using lemon juice with a little pepper, and leave in scalp for 10 minutes helping prevent hair loss/damage
Price: $10.50 each, available at natural food stores, Whole Foods Market and here.
JĀSÖN® Balancing Wild Yam Crème
This luxurious, super-hydrating face cream is specifically designed to comfort and balance menopausal skin and free of parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, petrolatum, artificial colors and phthalates.
The cooling blend of licorice, ginseng and wild yam works harmoniously to help increase moisture retention and boost skin’s elasticity, clarity and radiance.
- Yams help delay signs of Anti-Aging
- Contains nutrients like beta carotene, Vit. C, Vit B6 helping to prevent wrinkles
- Stimulates collagen production since it has a high amount of antioxidants
- Yams also help to treat crow’s feet
- Make your own by boiling a few yams, mashing them properly and add a dollop of honey. Apply it all over the face and let it stay for 30 minutes. Cut slices of yam and place them on your eyes, this can help to reduce stubborn dark circles and rejuvenate the eyes and treat wrinkles.
Price: $16.49, available at natural food stores, Whole Foods Market and here.