15th Annual West Coast Thunder Bike Run Held Monday
RIVERSIDE (CBSLA.com) — The 15th annual West Coast Thunder Memorial Day Bike Run will be held Monday.
The events starts at 9:11 a.m. at Riverside Harley-Davidson (7800 Indiana Avenue) and continues through the city of Riverside to the Riverside National Cemetery.
Every year, more than 7,000 cyclists take part. The motorcycle run winds (or is that revs?) along the following roads:
• East on Indiana Ave. to Arlington Avenue
• East on Arlington Ave. to Alessandro Boulevard.
• South on Alessandro Blvd. to Trautwein Road.
• South on Trautwein Rd. to Van Buren Boulevard.
• East on Van Buren Blvd. to Meridian Parkway.
• North on Meridian Parkway to Cactus Avenue.
Indiana Avenue will be shut down from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. from Madison Avenue to Jefferson Street. All arterial roads connecting with the bike run will be shut down during the bike run between 9:11 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Authorities are asking anyone planning on visiting the Riverside Memorial Cemetery between the hours of 9:11 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. to drive on Van Buren West from the 215 Freeway.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Riverside National Cemetery Support Committee.