Your Best Beach Body In 5 Easy Moves
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Summer is upon us, but if the thought of slipping into a swimsuit puts your stomach in knots, you may want to try a workout to tighten and tone.
Celebrity fitness trainer Danny Musico, whose roster of A-list clients includes Leonardo DiCaprio and Sylvester Stallone, designed a regimen to get his clients that beach body, even when they don’t have access to equipment. Exercises can be done individually or combined together for a more advanced circuit training workout:
1. Plank: Hold plank for 30 sec to as long as possible to tone your abs, shoulders and thighs.
2. Planks into a Tricep Push: From the forearm position of the plank, post one arm at a time into a full push-up position, locking out tricep then reversing it back down, one arm at a time, back to the forearm plank position. You can then take it into…
3. Mountain Climb Twists: From the full push-up position, drive your knee forward to opposite elbow creating a twist in your trunk of your body then repeat alternating sides. You can move into…
4. 180-degree Touchdowns: From the squatting position, with your hands placed on the ground between your knees like a frog, jump up turning 180 degrees so you will be facing the opposite way then repeat for either reps of 12 to 15 or 30 sec intervals. You can segway that into…
5. Burpee: From the squatting position of your 180 touchdowns, extend your arms out in front of you, palms on the ground, then thrusting your hips back extending your legs out into a straight position on your toes. Then drive your knees forward to your elbows, creating a crunching of the abs, then spring up into a jump with your arms completely outstretched above your head. Then return to the squatting position.
Repeat from the start, doing 12 to 15 reps or 30-second intervals of each move.