STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Contributing Editor of Closer Weekly, Alison Deyette, stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to share her top Mother’s Day gift ideas.
For the New Mom:
- Give her a little something to care of the baby, but also something she can use when you take her out for date night
- A foldable tote for storing diapers and pretty handbags & clutches for date night are great. Bag it all together with little extras like a luscious scented candle, hand lotion or necklace
- Find a great bag at Local Fixture (a shop full of all kinds of gifts in Uptown Whittier) that range in price from $16-35
- Flowers are always a go-to gift. Did you know that Mother’s Day is the busiest day for florists? It beats Valentine’s Day.
- Choose bright blooms, pretty mixes of color and eye popping arrangements.
- Bouquets from Bouqs (based in Venice, $40 and free delivery) are grown on an active volcano in South America and along the West Coast
Host a Brunch:
- Make it fun with games, good food and a sweet drinks
- Get goodies for a fun brunch from local shops in LA. Plus, send mom home with a small basket of goodies so she can enjoy with her friends, too
- So many moms are DIY fans
- Cricut Explore is an awesome new design and cut system
- It’s incredibly popular with mommy bloggers and DIY experts
- Cricut is available at Michael’s, Amazon, Cricut.com, Jo-Ann’s
- Our phones are just as much for talking as they are a talking point
- Now that they are a necessary accessory, customize it with a photo case of the family, your wedding day, the kids or grandkids.
- Find them at Cellairis from $30-49