LINCOLN HEIGHTS (CBSLA.com) — Pot-laced brownies sent three Lincoln High School students to the hospital.
KCAL9’s Bobby Kaple reported that the baked goods, which were consumed on-campus Monday morning, were laced with marijuana. The Los Angeles Unified School District wouldn’t confirm reports that they also may have contained methamphetamine.
Ronni Silas, who is friends with two of the affected students, said the girls became violently ill after consuming the brownies.
“She couldn’t walk and two security [guards] had to carry her out of the classroom. And then the other friend…the ambulance came because she was throwing up a lot. In the restroom, she threw up like, four times and she couldn’t walk either,” she said.
It’s unclear if the teens who got sick knew what they were eating.
One student was arrested for possession, according to the LAUSD.
Some parents were shocked to learn about the incident.
“It’s just scary. That shouldn’t be happening here, definitely not during school,” a parent said.
“It actually does surprise me. I’m shocked by it. I’ve never really heard of anything considering that my daughter is a senior and the other one is a sophomore. We’ve never had an incident like this that I know of,” a woman said.