STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Voice, speech and accent reduction coach Denise Woods stopped by KCAL9 Monday to share her tips on how to seal the deal for a big audition or job interview.
• Know the company or network you wish to work for; leave no stone unturned! Look for commonalities and ways to convince them that you’re the perfect fit for the job or role.
Eye, Ear, Brain, Mouth, Body — EEBMB:
• Effective communication begins with a process of seeing, listening, computing, breathing and speaking ideas with the goal of leaving an indelible impression.
• The eyes never lie, nor does body language; allow your eyes and body to become completely engaged with the interviewer.
• The process must be quick, simple, and above all, organic.
The Sherlock Holmes Effect:
• Observe and assess your physical surroundings once you’ve arrived for the interview.
• You may discover a small aspect of the person or company “in the room” that can serve as a great conversation tool.
Confidence vs. Cockiness:
• Your history conveyed truthfully can be fascinating; think of the interviewing process as sharing the gift of YOU.
• The key word here is sharing; the act of “sharing” possesses a gracious element that will not only relax you, but leave an authentic impression as well.
• Have very specific goals for the interview and navigate it! Don’t become tangential; know how much information is enough!
For more information, click here.