Get A Standout Spring Look With Tips From Celebrity Stylist Eric Himel
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Celebrity stylist Eric Himel stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to show viewers how to wear some of the hottest shoe, handbag and accessory trends for a standout spring look!
Trend 1: SPORTY w/ retro sneakers, gym bag tote and leather band watch
- The athletic look is making a big impact for spring as seen at Jimmy Choo, Kenzo and other high-end designers. Mix a retro sneaker, haute gym tote and a casual sporty watch to achieve this look!
- Brooks Running just launched Brooks Heritage, their retro sneaker line for spring which is based off their original 1976 running sneaker. The metallic details on this shoe add to the glam factor.
- A Longchamp tote comes in a multitude of colors to match any outfit or any mood! The nylon is in keeping with the sporty trend, the leather detailing takes it up a notch.
- Matching an accessory like a Marc by Marc Jacobs watch to your shoe, even with a sporty trend, will pull the whole look together!
Trend 2: LADYLIKE w/ floral pumps, white sleek clutch and feminine statement earrings
- The hyper floral pattern is the go-to ladylike pattern this spring as seen on the runways of Marc Jacobs and Christian Dior.
- Ladylike doesn’t have to mean old. Pair a floral pump from Lands’ End with a boyfriend jean to make it more youthful.
- Let white replace black as your go-to neutral for Spring with shoes from Aldo. White also will make any floral pop!
- Burlington is a great place to pick up trending fashion jewelry at up to 65% off department store prices. When choosing an accessory to go with the Ladylike look, think pretty and feminine.
Trend 3: BOHO with ankle strap sandals, colorful crossbody and multi-color bracelet
- The boho trend is all about taking that casual ‘hippie’ look and elevating it with great design details, colors and luxe materials.
- Gladiator sandals have become a perennial warm weather staple and nothing says ‘boho’ more than those from Sam Edelman. They work equally well with everything from a cropped pant to a sundress.
- Supple leather cross body bags in bright colors such as Liebeskind at Bloomingdales are the perfect complement to this spring trend.
- A bracelet from Lord & Taylor is like a friendship bracelet on steroids. The multiple bracelet look is great and gives the illusion of wearing multiple bracelets at once without the added cost.
Trend 4: NOT-SO-BASIC BLACK w/ stacked heel bootie, chic fringe bag and statement metallic necklace
- Wearing black in Spring doesn’t have to be boring and predictable. The key to making this otherwise basic look, not-so-basic is in the details like a statement shoe, a bag with details like grommets or fringe and a rock-in-roll glam necklace.
- A Steve Madden shoe has the best of everything — a stacked heel for comfort, a peep toe to show off your nail color and a slingback. It’s the ultimate Spring ‘bootie’.
- Adding a detail like fringe to a black bag from Zara takes it from boring to unexpected and fringe is huge trend for Spring.