Eat Healthy & Save Time With Tips From Lifestyle Expert Lakesha Rose!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Lifestyle Expert Lakesha Rose stopped by KCAL9 Monday to share time-saving tips that still allow you to eat healthy.
Cook dinner and eat as a family
• New GE Brillion app allows consumers to start dinner without being in the kitchen with their GE Profile wall ovens.
• Users can preheat, set the timer and temperature and check cooking status remotely.
• Big help to serve a healthy dinner for the entire family when you’re short on time.
• GE Brillion app is available for free in the Google Play store and the Apple App Store
Be smart about your ingredients
• There are smarter ways to eat your favorite foods.
• Beyond Beef is made from 100% plant protein and macho enough for men to eat
• Cooks in a couple of minutes on stovetop to make for a quick, healthy meal with half the fat and all the protein of meat from an animal.
• Create a fun dinner night with a taco bar.
• Beyond Beef is available at Whole Foods for $5.49
Find shortcuts to cooking
• Lekue Microwave Cookware stem-cooks food perfectly in the microwave, preserving nutrients for quick, delicious meals.
• One 6oz fillet can cook in as little as 2 minutes.
• Lekue Microwave Cookware is available at mass retailers for $40
When you miss your recommended servings
• Nutrition authorities recommend eating two servings of fatty fish each week (like salmon) to get your omega-3’s for its benefits like cardiovascular health, brain health, and prenatal.
• If you want to enhance your weekly intake, simply take a dose of fish oil liquid or gel caps. One of these capsules a day will do. (Regardless of the source, the general recommendation is 250-500mg/day omega-3 for maintenance of basic health.)