Get Top Trends On A Budget From Style, Beauty Expert Emily Loftiss
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Style and beauty expert Emily Loftiss stopped by KCAL9 Friday to show viewers top trends and different looks on a budget!
Emily’s Stitch Fix Outfit:
• Revamp your spring wardrobe with a new personally styling service called Stitch Fix
• Fill out a personal style profile and a “fix” of apparel and accessories will be sent to your doorstep
Hand Woven Bags
• If you are going to buy one new bag this season, make it woven
• Whether they’re created from natural straw or woven leather, woven bags are trendy and chic. We love the look of woven white leather for some fresh, springtime texture
• Be it raffia, rope or leather; be ready to see loads of woven handbags on the arms of fashionable trendy women. This spring and summer
• You can do the trend for under $60 or splurge for $350
Tropical Printed Dresses
• Hothouse florals and tropical patterns are everywhere, from the red carpet to the runway
• Saturated floral prints bring getaway glamour to any outfit
• But remember, a little goes a long way, so choose one tropical piece and keep everything else simple
• Long or short in various styles, prints and colors -all under $150
• It’s pool/beach time and although there are so many swimsuits for ladies to choose from, the style that stands out the most to me over and over is the retro inspired look.
• High waisted swimsuits & vintage necklines are my top favorite – über feminine swimwear trend
• The cut is flattering on so many different body types. It is a great way for covering up especially the tummy area
• It’s perfect to give your bum a little more volume too. The shape can also totally transfer in to poolside summer wear
• The images recall from women in the 50′s and 60′s their shapes weren’t just straight up and down. They had some curve. But, it can also look great on a petite body type as well
• No matter what body shape you have, these retro pieces will sure give you that curvilinear silhouette; choose from bandeau styles to halter tops to lift up the bust area and high waisted bottoms and monoshorts to get that tiny waist and curvy derriere approach.
• But never mind the 2 pieces sets; one piece retro swimsuits will also make up for the trend; channel your inner Sophia Loren with corseted halter swimsuits; look for ruffled ones on the bottom or bow detail on the top
• The retro trend is here to stay all summer long, so you better grab that floppy hat, vintage shades and red lipstick to pair up with one of these pieces; aim for that 50s silver screen diva look.
• You could team this little suit with some retro cat-eyed sunnies and a light-weight kimono for some poolside glam.
Greek Inspired Sandals
• A style that has lasted through the ages
• The best way to tell the difference between Spartan shoes and a normal pair is the amount of straps. Gladiator-inspired shoes usually have multiple straps that typically run up the ankle almost to the knee.
• These shoes look fantastic with a pair of shorts or a skirt
• If there’s a shoe trend that’s outlived its expected longevity both on the runway and on the street, it’s gladiator sandals.
• Fashionistas can’t get enough of this chic style and designers can’t get enough of playing with its possibilities to take a new spin on a very old standby.
• Timeless appeal and continues to give edgy peek-a-boo sex appeal that creates an instant look paired with any basics.
• This spring, extreme heeled versions were aplenty on catwalks and stores are still serving up flat and wedge versions to sate our never-ending desire for ancient style.