Look, Feel Younger With Tips From Dr. Andre Berger
March 5, 2014 2:15 PM
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Dr. Andre Berger, author of “The Beverly Hills Anti-Aging Prescription”, stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday share anti-aging tips along with home remedies to help you look and feel younger.
- Clean air – get a negative ion device or real plants in your environment to reduce stress. Most importantly, quit smoking and stay away from 2nd hand smoke.
- De-clutter your home – any over stimulation can lead to aging.
- Things like tea bags on your eyes and skin moisturizers are just camouflage, they might help for a few hours, but it will not stop the aging process, as is true for most cosmetic products and many nutritional supplements sold under the marketing term “anti-aging”.
- Avoid long, hot showers and cleansers containing solvents like mineral oil or petrolatum, which can strip your skin of its natural oils, drying it out and causing ruddiness.
- Toss out any skincare products with artificial dyes and fragrances, as both are common irritants.
- Once a week, soak a soft cloth in a cup of cold milk (any kind will do), gently wring it out and place it over your face for 5 minutes.
- Eat foods high in natural anti-oxidants such as vitamin C and E and beta carotene, which will mitigate damage caused by free radicles to all our organs.
- Avoid excessive direct sun exposure and UV light cell damage causing photo aging by wearing UVA and UVB sun protection and taking green tea extract.
- Take fish oil rich in Omega -3 fatty acids and trace minerals such as copper and selenium daily from foods that contain them.
- Drink green and white tea.
- Add various herbs and spices into your diet that have anti-inflammatory properties like turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, which reduce cellular inflammation – the common denominator in accelerating the aging process because of the damage inflammation causes that negatively influences the life span of our cells.
- Weight lift and exercise daily to preserve your muscle mass and help preserve strong bones.
- Make a place in your home a sanctuary, so you have a place to chill out and relax.
- Stress reduction and adequate sleep will always enhance attractiveness.
For more information, click here.