STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — The rain is coming and we’ll be in need of some comfort food!
Executive Chef Eric Hulme of Tender Greens, Hollywood, stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to share the perfect recipes for the winter.
He also shared the restaurant’s mashed potatoes, which works as a perfect side dish for any comfort food.
Tender Greens Mashed Potatoes at Home Recipe:
Serves 4-6 as a side
• 4 medium quartered, peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
• 1 tbsp Kosher salt
• ¼ cup heavy cream, hot
• 3 tbsp butter cut into cubes
• ¼ cup crème fraiche (or substitute sour cream)
• Bring potatoes to a boil in salted water cold water and simmer until fork tender
• Stain immediately, allow to drain completely
• Add potato pieces into a ricer and press into a large bowl, press small pieces at a time, don’t overstuff the ricer
• Add heated cream, mix and fold in
• Add chunks of cold butter and crème fraiche, fold in