Boy Credited With Saving Family From Whittier House Fire

WHITTIER ( — An 8-year-old boy Wednesday is being credited with saving his family from a house fire.

The fire was reported just after 4:30 a.m. on the second floor of a home in the 12700 block of Beverly Boulevard in Whittier, the Los Angeles County Fire Department said.

The child awoke to find smoke and fire in the home and quickly alerted his six family members.

“The boy used techniques he learned during fire drills at school to exit the home,” Capt. Brian Jordan said.

The fire, which was knocked down around 5 a.m., was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet, he said.

The home was equipped with smoke alarms, however, they did not work.

Damages was estimated at $110,000.

(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)


One Comment

  1. 06cedmuho says:

    Reblogged this on 06cedmuho.

  2. 06cedmuho says:

    Reblogged this on 06cedmuho.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio

Listen Live