STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Love is in the air!
Justin Bird from Bravo’s “The Millionaire Matchmaker” stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to share his dating tips and gift ideas for every stage of a relationship!
5 go-to dating tips:
1. Don’t expect perfect because, frankly, you’re not perfect.
2. Man up and be chivalrous. No, it’s not dead, contrary to popular belief.
3. Stop “liking” pictures of half-naked women/men on social media.
4. Be the type of person that you want to attract. People attract like-minded people.
5. Communication is key; be upfront, honest and don’t be afraid to admit you bailed on her because you wanted to sit home and play World of Warcraft all night with your friends.
- It’s best to offer experience vs traditional flowers and chocolates, which don’t last.
- Give a personalized basket — “me basket” — with personally select items like massage oil, her favorite DVD, nice bottle of wine or champagne, her favorite snack/candy for the movie, tickets to a sports game, etc.
- Cook her favorite breakfast in the morning, have the flowers/card ready and after dinner go to a comedy club, jazz club or dancing.
- Go wine tasting in Malibu or take her on a wine weekend getaway in Santa Barbara with guided tours.
- On a budget? Skip the hotel and head to San Antonio Winery in downtown LA.
- For new relationships: There are many options since most likely you haven’t experienced a lot together yet. A weekend getaway with a simple dinner cooked together or at a restaurant will suffice. After all, it’s all about who you are with.
- For mature relationships: Revisit past places where you both had a blast, whether it’s ice-skating, a lodge in the mountains, or again, the usual dinner is always great.
- If all else fails and you want to keep it simple, ladies love to be pampered so you can never go wrong with a day at the spa or a professional massage. Guys obviously like to be fed so a dinner always works, and what generally takes the cake is tickets to a sporting event or concert.
For more information about Justin Bird, go to his official site.