STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Is your skin dry, flaky and chapped? If so, LUSH has your winter skin savers!
Kate Couture from LUSH City Walk visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to show viewers to demo everything from gentle exfoliators and conditioning body butters to nourishing facial cleansers and an all-purpose moisturizing balm that will help replenish skin during these dry months.
Moisturizers for the body:
• Ultrabalm ($12.95) – this moisturizing balm, made with plant waxes, is perfect for chapped lips, noses, cheeks, hands, and feet that always come during the winter months. Slather it all over and let the candelilla wax, and jojoba oil lock in moisture, while the rose wax soothes dry skin and irritations.
• Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner ($32.95) — A beautiful, rose jam scented body conditioner that’s full of the most emollient, moisturizing ingredients possible to feed and nourish the skin. There’s cypress oil, capuacu butter, Brazil nut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and super softening almond oil, along with argan oil which is rich in vitamin E and incredibly moisturizing. The 20% glycerine locks in moisture, leaving skin smooth and supple and the rose fragrance leaves skin delicately scented. Use like a hair conditioner, simply shower as normal and then apply all over the body, rinse off and pat dry.
• Vanilla Dee-lite ($27.95) – a decadently soothing, creamily smoothing vanilla-scented lotion is made with the perfect recipe of organic coconut water, coconut oil, illipe butter, tamanu oil and hibiscus infusion to hydrate the skin and keep it soft, but feeling light and fresh. Vitamin-packed fresh kiwis are blended into our vanilla-scented cream base to aid skin and help it recover from exposure to the elements. Oh, and it has our famous Vanillary fragrance too, to keep your skin smelling sweet, as well as supple. Deeliteful!
Moisturizers and exfoliators for the face:
• Let The Good Times Roll Facial Cleanser ($12.95)—best-selling polenta cleanser. Warming, soothing and softening on all skin types. An exfoliating cleanser for the face and body, to softly scrub dry winter skin and moisturize at the same time. The ingredients read like a cake recipe: maize flour to delicately cleanse, polenta and corn oil to even out skin tone and glycerine to keep the skin nourished and moisturized. Crushed popcorn garnishes this rolled cleanser, which will gently polish – so skin will be left softened, soothed and ever so slightly warmed by the cinnamon powder, which can help with circulation. Vegan
• Full of Grace facial serum ($13.95) – our serum bar is made with a concentrated blend of moisturizing murumuru and cupuacu butters to hydrate skin, and rose oil to relieve irritations. We’ve also used portobello mushrooms for their plentiful vitamins and antioxidant properties. The serum is easily absorbed by the skin, creating a soothing treatment for the face.
• Oatifix Face Mask ($6.95) Soothing banana mask for dry skin! Few things are more soothing than a big bowl of banana porridge, all sweet and squishy. Did you know the same is true for your skin? Sensitive, dry or irritated faces love Oatifix for its calming oats, softening mashed banana and ground almonds to slough away flaky skin. Keep in mind that dry skin doesn’t just occur in the winter! The sun can be equally harsh, as UV rays penetrate the dermis and heat can leave you feeling tight and dry. Treat your face to our most moisturizing mask all year round, and follow up with a spritz of Breath of Fresh Air toner for seriously soothed skin.
• Mint-chocolate pout polish! Mint Julips ($9.95) is packed full of fresh peppermint and sweet castor sugar. Peppermint is responsible for that ‘tingly feeling’ you get after brushing your teeth or using lip balm, so we thought it would make a perfect addition to our lip scrub! Plus, it makes Mint Julips tastes like a big, creamy bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. For a flawless pout: Scrub Mint Julips over your lips (be sure to lick off the excess) and then apply your favorite lip color.
Moisturizers for the hair:
• Roots ($19.95) Healthy hair starts with Roots! Fine, thin hair? Don’t despair! We’ve got a hair and scalp treatment just for you. You’ll feel the tingling and cooling sensations of fresh mint infusion and minty oils (peppermint and spearmint) as they go to work revitalizing the scalp, because healthy hair starts at the roots! Extra virgin olive oil and honey soften and condition hair to make it shine without weighing it down. Give dull, fine and thin hair volume and shine by treating it with Roots.
Bath-mind and body:
Not only is a warm bath great for spicing up your cold winter night with your sweetie, but they can also:
o Soothe dry skin.
o Relieve tension in sore and stiff muscles.
o Help brighten your mood and get you in the mood with fragrant essential oils
o Relieve the body of toxins.
• Relax and wash away the stress of the day.
Try our Skin softening lemongrass and avocado soaker! Our bold green Avobath Bath Bomb ($6.35) is not for lazy days lying back in the tub.
On the contrary, it’s for gray days and mornings (afternoons and evenings too), when you just can’t shake your brain fog.
Pop one into your bath for an instant jolt of invigorating, lemongrass-scented energy and fizz.
Splash about in the shimmery green waters and let the fresh avocados and olive oil soften you up and leave you with softer, supple skin, as well as a brighter outlook. Next time you need a zesty refresher; all you need to do is Avobath.