STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Sheila G Mains, founder of Brownie Brittle, stopped by KCAL9 Friday to show viewers how to make her famous Brownie Brittle Cheesecake and other desserts she will be serving at the Golden Globes after party.
Desserts that will be served at The Weinstein Company Golden Globes Party:
• Brittled Fruit Skewers
• Double Nut Brownie Brittle Bars
• “Golden Globe” Brownie Brittle Truffles – 1 is Blondie Almond Truffle and one is Chocolate … both with a BB crust
• Praline Cheesecake Bites with Brownie Brittle Crust
• Brownie Brittle Peanut Butter Petit Four
Brownie Brittle Cheesecake Recipe:
Praline Cheesecake with Brownie Brittle™ Crust
• 1 C BB Crumbs
• 3 T melted butter
• Combine above ingredients and press into bottom of 9″ spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.
• 1 1/2 #’s cream cheese softened to room temperature
• 1 1/4 C packed dark brown sugar
• 2 T flour
• 3 eggs
• 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 C finely chopped pecans
Beat cream cheese very well – use food processor if available. Add sugar and flour and mix until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in nuts. Batter should be smooth and creamy.
Pour over crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 min. Reduce temp to 250 degrees and continue baking for 25 to 30 min. or until middle of cake looks almost set. Turn off oven, but leave cake in oven for 5 more minutes.
Remove cake from oven and loosen from sides of pan. Cool on rack. Remove rim. Chill. Then brush with maple syrup and garnish with pecan halves.