Get The Most Fashionable Clothes, Equipment For This Ski Season
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Ken Demaret from the Ski and Snowboard Outlet stopped by KCAL9 Monday to discuss what to look for when buying new or used equipment.
- Buy boots first. Check for wear on the heel and toe of boot. NEVER buy boots more than five years old.
- Bindings have a limited range of adjustment and a used boot might be larger or smaller than your own foot. It’s important that the boot be taken to a qualified ski shop to be remounted.
- Examine the bindings. Many times skis will be sold with existing bindings on them, so inspect the bindings as well. NEVER ski on used bindings without having a proper release check performed.
- Check the entire length of the ski. Chunks out of the sidewall will allow moisture to get into the body of the ski.
- Listen for crackling sounds which indicates a ski that’s been stored in too warm an area.
- Look for signs of repair.
Check out the Ski and Snowboard Outlet for deals on fashionable ski and snowboard clothes and equipment:
9034 Huntington Dr.
San Gabriel, CA 91775
2200 Harbor Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627