Man Shot, Killed In Front Of Compton Business Identified
COMPTON (CBSLA.com) — Authorities Sunday continued to investigate the circumstances surrounding the shooting death of a man in Compton.
The shooting in the 1000 block of West Compton Boulevard occurred about 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department said in a statement that deputies responded to a business in the area following a report of a gunshot victim.
Upon arriving on scene, they located the victim, who had been struck by gunfire in front of a business.
The statement said detectives believe the shooting was gang-related.
The victim has been identified as 27-year-old Kent Sewell of Compton. He was declared dead at the scene.
No suspect information was available.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.