Eat Right At LYFE Kitchen’s Newest Location In Tarzana
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Celebrity Chef Tal Ronnen visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to share some new signature dished offered at his restaurant, LYFE Kitchen.
Ronnen is the Vegan Consulting Chef for LYFE Kitchen, who won nationwide acclaim as Oprah Winfrey’s chef during her 21-day Vegetarian and Vegan diet.
Dishes at the restaurant are all around 600 calories or less and are all natural, preservative and additive-free, enhanced with spices, herbs and other natural ingredients.
LYFE is located in Tarzana and Culver City.
LYFE KITCHEN GARDEINTM SAUSAGE AND MOZZARELLA RAVIOLI
(YIELD; SERVES 1)
1 cup kale
¼ cup broccolini
½ cup cherry tomatoes
½ oz garlic spread
1 fl oz vegetable broth
1 tablespoon fresh basil
5 sausage raviolis
- Pre-heat a medium sauté pan over high heat
- Drop 5 raviolis into rapidly boiling pasta water and cook 3-4 minutes (if raviolis are fully frozen they will take longer to cook)
- Add cherry tomatoes, kale, broccolini, garlic spread to the hot pan and toss for 1 minute
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan and cook for an additional 30 seconds
- Remove the raviolis from the water, drain and add to the pan with the vegetables
- Toss to combine
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, squeezed, seeds strained
- 1 cup kale, raw, washed
- 2/3 cup banana, peeled, chopped, frozen
- 1/3 cup cucumber, chopped, frozen
- 1 tsp ginger, rinsed, whole/unpeeled, chopped
1) Chop the cucumber and peel/chop the banana and spread both onto a casserole dish and place in freezer overnight. Store in freezer until ready to use.
2) Measure and place all ingredients in high power blender (such as a vita-mix/vita-prep) and blend on high for 25 seconds
3) Pour and serve!
* if using a standard household blender, blend on high for 1 minute